Monday, September 15, 2008

GET HIGH WITH ME!

I have mentioned my father more than once here lately. He is an 'on fire for the Lord' Baptist Preacher. I called him today when we were on the way to his house. He was on cloud nine.

For the second Sunday in a row, in a small Baptist Church, someone had walked down the aisle and asked Jesus to come into their heart. This week it was a 10 year old girl and Dad was ecstatic.

His words were "Woo! Man cannot make a drug that feels as good as this does. I am just so happy."

And he is right. So many people are looking for SOMETHING to make them feel that good. To give them joy. To fill that God sized hole in their heart.

It can't be found in the form of a substance, or a thing. There is only ONE PERSON that can fill our hearts with true joy! And as believers, when we witness a lost soul come to Christ, we can get high on life. ETERNAL LIFE!

Father God,

I praise you for those two new sisters in Christ. I pray especially for the 10 year old that she would remain in church and become truly discipled by You. I pray that we would see a great movement in our community that the Lost would come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ in great numbers. I ask that you make me mindful of the needs of those around me to hear about Jesus.

And it is in His name I pray,
Amen

5 comments:

allgoodmom71 said...

AMEN SISTER!!!! I know that feeling your dad is talking about. Me & Candie went to a Rebecca St. James concert @ Snead St., and there was at least 50 young people that was saved or rededicated, it such an amazing feeling to witness and be a part of.

Anonymous said...

That's AWESOME! We got the news from our church last night that in the past 30 days we've had 106 decisions/ renewals for Christ. And just like Heaven, I'm throwing a huge party in my heart for the one 10 year old girl. Blessings, Whitney

Tiz said...

Jen, it really thrills my heart to see God giving your dad "fruit for his labors" God is good - all the time.

In Him, Tiz

JC said...

Way to go Daddy-o. Both of them. My Pastor wrote a book titled, "No High Like the Most High." Awesome book saying just what your Dad said. Love ya, JC

concerned parent said...

My heart leaps for joy at this story and I too fell his the void everyone/lost souls tries to fill with drugs in this life.