Saturday, March 21, 2009

JEN HERE...

Everyday I choose... HOW will I respond to life today?

When my daughter breaks ANOTHER glass, do I scowl and fuss about my dwindling drink ware? Or do I tell her how very glad I am that she did not get cut, and offer to fix her a glass of tea after I clean up the mess?

She has broken A LOT of glasses lately - my record is not stellar.

Everyday, we are faced with new situations... new hurts... new temptations .... new angers... new stresses... new opportunities to respond the RIGHT way. Sometimes I am VERY good at taking the high road. Sometimes I woller. I really want to be a consistent high road taker because wollering is some dirty emotionally exhausting stuff.

And do you know what? I have no idea how I could make it day to day without the Lord. It would be one more sad existence if I didn't have Him to get me from response to response.

Father God, thank you for guiding me and showing me how to respond in love. Father forgive me when I react angrily and please don't let me crush the spirit of others. Thank you for your long suffering and let it be an example to me of how to respond.

In Jesus name, Amen.

4 comments:

JC said...

Wonderful post this morning Jen. I don't want to think what my life would be without him. Have a great weekend.

Tiz said...

Jen, this is a very good post. The wonderful news is that God loves us even when we mess up!!! Praise!!

Love you, Tiz

Debra said...

I "woller" way more than I should...I gotta stay on that high road too!

Blessings

Oma aka Meme said...

yes- amen
I can always buy another glass but I cannot take back words- we were broken glasses that He took and remade- and He accepts us cracked or broken- so we can do the same to our broken friends family strangers
hugs Meme