Tuesday, March 10, 2009

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ


Jesus - our Anointing






"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound" Isaiah 61:1 and Luke 16:18

This scripture speaks of the ministry of the Lord Jesus Christ Himself and of Believers through whom He indwells. As believers indwelt by Jesus himself, we are anointed to share the Gospel, heal the brokenhearted, proclaim liberty to the captives and set the prisoners free. Jesus is faithful to do what He has called us to do. "Faithful is he that called you, who also will do it." (1 Thess 5:24) As we share the Gospel of Grace and our true identity in Jesus Christ, the broken hearted are healed, captives and prisoners are set free. They are set free as they see who they are in Christ and who Christ is in them.

We are free in Jesus Christ - just think about that!!!! And we are anointed to share that Good News!!!! Jesus is my anointing - His anointing is in me!!!

"Father, I ask you to make the message of the blog post real and personal to every reader today. Thank you for making it real to my own heart. Without you I am nothing, however, with you , I am all that Jesus is to my world. Bless "Prayerfully Yours" readers with yourself today. In Jesus Anointed name, I pray." Amen

1 comment:

j said...

It is a funny thing to me when I tell someone that they were annointed when they spoke or prayed or witnessed... and they have a surprised look on their face. I think annointing is something that I don't often apply to myself, and obviously others don't either.

This was an AWESOME post Tiz!!!