Tuesday, April 7, 2009

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ


Easter, 2009
ALIVE IN HIM


This coming Friday Christians all over the world will observe Good Friday and then on Sunday we will celebrate Easter. Easter is my favorite holiday of the year - right up there with the 4th of July!!!!

These past few days I have been thinking about the true meaning of Good Friday and Easter. What happened and where do I fit in? I believed and received the good news of what was accomplished for me on Good Friday long before I had an understanding of what was accomplished for me on Resurrection morning. Oh, I believed that Jesus rose again from the dead and I believed He was alive but I did not understand that I was ALIVE IN HIM.

On Good Friday He was "wounded for my transgressions and crushed for my iniquities and by His stripes I was healed" Isaiah 53:5 - my sin debt was paid in full!!! He even "bore my sorrows and carried my grief" Isaiah 53:4 - remember that the next time your heart is broken.

On Resurrection morning He arose from the dead to give me His Life.
I was raised with Him to walk in newness of life. "He is my life" Colossians 3:4. Friends, join me this coming Sunday in celebrating Him as our Life. Yes, He is Alive!!! and we are ALIVE IN HIM!!!! Glory!!!

"Father, I truly thank you for all that was accomplished for me in your death, burial, and resurrection. Father, I pray that I will never forget the price that was paid for my salvation. Bless each person reading this post today with your Easter Love. In Jesus Glorious name, I pray" Amen.

3 comments:

JC said...

Beautiful words awesome meaning.

Christina said...

You won. I put the names in a big bowl and my 9 year old closed his eyes and picked your name. Here is my e-mail address: tamayoco2002@yahoo.com It's like tamayo with CO for company. e-mail me your address and I will send it out Wed. when I go to the post office to send my hubby's box out to Iraq.

This post was a great reminder of what Jesus did for us.

j said...

I waited til today to re-read this post and comment. I was saving it for Easter! Today is such a special day. I am going to try to celebrate being Alive in HIM today and carry the meaning of this holiday with me like a banner - Christ Arose!!

Happy Easter Tiz. I hope that you have a blessed resurrection Sunday.