Thursday, May 7, 2009

THANKFUL THURSDAY WITH JC

Today is the National Day of Prayer, I hope you participate in a prayer event. Through Jen's post yesterday I found that there is a Prayer Luncheon in my city. Even if you can't attend or participate in an organized event, you can still pray. If there has ever been a time in our country when we as citizens need to intercede for the our leaders, it is now.

I love the acronym PUSH (Pray Until Something Happens). The scriptures say to:
"Pray constantly" I Thessalonians 5:17;
"devote yourselves to prayer" Colossians 4:2;
"pray at all times in the Spirit, stay alert, with all perseverance & intercession for all the saints" Ephesians 6:18;
"be persistent in prayer" Romans 12:12.

Jesus told his disciples a parable in Luke 18 showing them to always pray and not give up (Luke 18:1).

How do we ask, seek and knock? I think we do it through prayer. The answer may come through scripture or another person or circumstances but the process starts with prayer.

There are far too many scriptures on prayer to put in this post but I love the way the Message Bible states James 5:16 "The prayer of a person living right with God is something to be reckoned with." WOW is it ever! Power is released when we pray in the name of JESUS. The enemy of our soul quakes and flees when we humble ourselves in prayer.

Father God, thank you for allowing me to live in a country where I am free to pray. May I and each reader of this post never ever take that privilege lightly. Father I lift up our national, state and local leaders to you. I ask you to put a hedge of protection around them and their families. I ask you to guard their spirit, soul and body. Put a guard over their mouth just as David asked in the Psalms so they will not speak in haste but be mindful of the power of their spoken words. I ask that you grant them wisdom to know what to do and the courage to do it. Father I pray for peace in Israel and for its citizens to dwell in safety with each other and with the countries surrounding them. In the holy and powerful name of Jesus, I pray. Amen

5 comments:

j said...

AMEN AMEN AMEN! Praying with you today... Jen

Debra said...

Thank you for posting this. Somehow I was not aware that it was today!

I will be praying today, for my family, friends, leaders, our country, and for my special blogger friends of which you all are included!

~Blessings~

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I believe in prayer and its power.
Amen!

Tiz said...

I join Jennifer is saying,
AMEN AMEN AMEN!!!!!!!!

Great post and great prayer.

Bethy

Mike Golch said...

AMEN,AMEN,AMEN!! By the Grace of God will our nation become one people and of voice.