Thursday, May 14, 2009

THANKFUL THURSDAY WITH JC

Recently I finished a small group study. Within the 12 weeks of this study I discovered something about the Word being living. I always understood this to be Jesus and I'm sure that is true. However, scripture has a way of having more than one meaning. During one lesson a man was saying how the scriptures have taken on a new dimension for him. He has been a Christian for many years but never has seen some of the things he is seeing now.

This thought came to me. "The Bible in 3D." How cool is that. Think about it a moment. For most of my life, the Bible has been flat. Words on a page; one dimensional. Now when I read scripture it is as if the words come off the page right into my spirit (3D). They have depth and height and width. Perhaps I'm not explaining it well. No longer just words but pictures and emotions.

I pray each of you experience the Bible in 3D or even 4D. I challenged myself and I challenge you to speak aloud the Words of God that jump off the page to you. See what happens. Replace your negative words with His Words.

Father, God, Abba, Daddy how awesome you are to speak to each of your children the way you do. You speak to me as if I am your most beloved one. Oh, I thank you for caring so much about me. Thank you for fresh revelation!!! Father, I pray that each person reading this post will be willing to set their own agenda aside and ask you to make your word 3D in their lives. In Jesus' precious, holy and powerful name I pray. Amen

3 comments:

Tiz said...

Yes, Yes, Yes!!! His Word is alive and well!!! I like the 3D approach.
Sounds like your recent study was well worth the effort involved.

Love you,
Bethy

Debra said...

In recent days I have found the true meaning of the "living, breathing word of God". Experiencing it 3D...that's a good way to describe it!

j said...

Oh JC! How well put! I love this post - maybe my favorite JC post ever but I think I have said that before too :)

3D without those ridiculous glasses - just asking God to reveal it to us and YES 3D!!

Love you so very much!

Jen