Tuesday, May 5, 2009

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ

Let's laugh!!!

Take a moment and laugh with me. I did not say laugh at me!!!!. The Bible tell us that laughter is good medicine and I have seen and experienced this to be true.

Proverbs 17:22 "a joyful heart is food medicine, but a broken spirit dries up the bones". I am told that in the original Hebrew this reads, "a joyful heart causes good healing". Now, I really like that.

Psalm 126:2 "then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing". Laughter and singing are two things that will make us feel better immediately.

Our hectic lifestyles along with unhappy circumstances going on around us can easily have us uptight with frazzled nerves. Don't wallow in that. Stop and take a laugh break!!! Laugh and sing a happy song!!! Give that a chance to lift your spirits before taking a Tylenol break. There is nothing Spiritual about having a frown on our face and looking like the picture on our drivers license. Sometimes we just have to stop and "chill out". That is an OK thing to do and we should do it often without allowing the spirit of guilt to attach itself to us!!!

"Father, I praise you as my source of joy and laughter. Jesus is Joy and Laughter and in Him I can experience true joy. Bless my friends reading this post today with a happy song to sing and a healing source of laughter. In the Joyful Name of Jesus, I pray." Amen

1 comment:

JC said...

Great post. I heard this weekend if Satan can steal our joy he has it all. Our joy doesn't have anything to do with anything but our relationship with the most high.