Tuesday, July 21, 2009

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ

Our True Identity



"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, He is a new Creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." 2 Cor. 5:17



How do we identify ourselves? Maybe by our appearance, occupation, family relationships or denominational affiliations. ALL these things are temporal. I may be a wife one day and not be a wife the next day. I may be a business woman one day and lose that position the next day. I may be a Baptist, Methodist or Catholic today and decide tomorrow that is not for me.



Also, if I declare myself to be an alcoholic, a drug addict, schizophrenic or any other negative label, then I will find myself living up to that identity.



Friends, our true identity is that we are a Child of God. The core source of our identity is our relationship with our God and Father. We are "in Christ". We are royalty!!! We are not an old sinner saved by Grace. We are a new creation. We are not a converted worm, we are a butterfly!!!! Glory



"Father, I thank you that you are the source of my life. I choose to identify myself according to who you say I am. I pray that each person reading this post today will see themselves as the person you created them to be. In Jesus perfect name, I pray." Amen

1 comment:

j said...

I love knowing who I am in Him. It gives me peace.

LOVE this post for all sorts of reasons :)

You are one of my favorite bloggers!!!!!!!!

Jen