Tuesday, January 19, 2010

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ


The Peace of God

"And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep you hearts and minds through Christ Jesus" Philippians 4:7

Can we, as believers in Jesus Christ, expect to experience the Peace of God in our lives on a consistant basis? Think of it, day in and day out, experiencing the Peace of Almighty God!!! There is no other Peace apart of Jesus Himself...He is Peace...He is the Prince of Peace. How can we experience His Peace? Look in Verse 6 of Phil 4 "Be anxious for nothing"....friends, nothing means nothing!!! I do not need to take back what I have surrendered to Him.

Yes, friends, we can, and will, experience the Peace of God which passes all understanding, as we trust totally in Him....as we choose to "be anxious for nothing but in everything, by prayer and supplications with thankgiving, let our request be made know to Him."

"Father, I thank you for giving me your message today. There is no way to describe the joy of experiencing your Peace in these uncertain times. I earnestly pray that someone reading this post will find the Peace they are longing for today. In Jesus Peaceful name, I pray." Amen

8 comments:

Together We Save said...

Thanks for sharing!! Have a blessed day.

Connie Wren said...

Liz,
God has shown me a new thing about His Peace through these past months. It troubled me that I shoud feel such sadness over mom when I know without a doubt that the Lord is in control and still loves her and loves me just as much as he ever has. Was the pain in my heart a sign that I wasn't fully resting in Him or His peace? But just as you have shared today, I can still know that peace even when my heart is breaking, even when the tears are falling it's still so sweet to rest in His arms as they fall. Thanks for your testimony of Peace!

Sharon said...

Liz, this is what i needed to read today. I am learning so slowly but surely not to reclaim the concerns that I have given to Jesus. I caught myself driving today and thinking of something that troubles me and actually said to myself, 'Sharon, you have already given that to God'.

this is one of my favorites

Let Go and Let God

As children bring their broken toys, with tears for us to mend, I brought my broken dreams to God, because He is my friend. But then instead of leaving Him in peace to work alone, I hung around and tried to help, with ways that were my own. At last, I snatched them back again and cried, "How can you be so slow?" "My child" He said, "What could I do? You never did let go."

j said...

I have been blessed today by not only your post, but by the comments that have been left. How beautiful!

God is so good!

Tiz said...

Jen, Connie and Sharon hang out with me in the Princess Hangout at New Life Fellowship on Sunday during the Sunday School hour....along with a few other Princesses. We just hang out with our King!!!!

Tiz

Anonymous said...

Peace. Ahhhh... when the world is chaotic, what 'balance' is found when we simply rely upon the Peace that passes all understanding.
Thank you for the reminder!

Life Laugh Latte said...

Fresh air...that's what those words are! Thank you. Holly

JC said...

Awesome post!