Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tuesdays with Tiz

Walk in Freedom

"So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed" John 8:36

As I was meditating on this verse, I ask myself , "what does it mean to be free indeed"? "What am I free from"? and "What am I free to."

What does it mean to be free indeed? it means really free, no pretending, nothing false.

What am I free from? Friends, Jesus set me free from myself and my self righteousness. He set me free from guilt and its crippling feelings. He set me free from the bondage of legalism and religious performance. He set me free from an un-Christlike judgmental attitude. (to name a few)

What am I free to? I am free to love as He loves, to obey Him because of who He is. I am free to forgive others as well as myself. I am free to accept you just as you are even though you may be different from me. (again, to name a few)

Yes, friends, when the Son sets us free, we are free indeed. That is God's Amazing Grace....Let's walk in that freedom today!!!

"Father, I praise you for who you are. I thank you that you have provided all I need to walk in total freedom. I have Your Word and as I continue in Your Word then I know the truth and You set me free. Praise Your Name!!! In that Name, I pray" Amen.

3 comments:

Natural Wellness Health said...

I admire your strength and the fact that you profess Christian faith and belief in God and His Word, so I encourage you to read Gods Law. We must realize that His Law is as valid today as when He Spoke It in Exodus 20:3-17. The Law is also complete in the New Testament, see Romans 13:9 as an example an for the other text, just send a request. My Health/Religion website are at;
http://www.naturalhealthwellness.blogspot.com

j said...

God continues to show me how blessed I am to be convicted of the belief (and acceptance of) my freedom. I don't want to live in bondage to any thought, any person, or to myself. God used you (a long time ago) to help me to understand freedom in Christ!

Love you Tiz.

JC said...

Who the SON sets FREE is Free indeed. Awesome.