Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Tuesdays with Tiz

The Body of Christ

"For the body is not one member, but many" 1 Cor 12:14

As my Sunday School class has been studying through the Book of Acts, we have seen the marvelous way God is building His Church. This Church, the Body of Christ, is made up of all people, Jews and Gentiles alike, as they believe that Jesus Christ truly is the Son of God, that He died for their sin and that He rose again. GLORY!!!

This same Church is being added to daily, as people from all walks of life, from all parts of the world, are believing the same Gospel message the first members of the Church believed. (I have typed myself into the Glory Zone again)

Every believer is a member of Christ's body and every member is just as important to the body as the other members. Some are heads, hands and feet but some are livers, kidneys and lungs!!! All are necessary for the Body to be healthy and to function as Christ intended.

Friends, you may feel unnecessary today but you are just as important to the Body of Christ as Mother Teresa or Billy Graham. Do I hear a Hallelujah?

"Father, I rejoice when I think about your perfect plan for Your Church, the Bride of Christ. I pray you will encourage someone with this message today. In Jesus Name, I pray." Amen

4 comments:

JC said...

Awesome message. I heard on some show a few days ago the when as part of our body is hurt or injured the rest of our body doesn't critize the hurting part. Other parts focus on what to do to make the hurting part better. Wouldn't it be great if we lifted up our hurting brothers and sisters and be a concerned for them as we would be for ourselves.

Together We Save said...

Great message!!

Connie Wren said...

Thanks Liz for the "perfectly timed" message. I only opened this today as I was out of the office last week but I needed these words of encouragement from the Lord not only for myself but for a dear sister in Christ whom God uses in such a great way at Clearview. Love you so much!

j said...

What an important reminder!!! It is so human to compare our works to those of another. I am SO guilty of "less than" thinking and can be pretty hard on myself. We (even me) are a part of the BODY! Glory!