Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Blog is Born

I walked into Church this morning spiritually whole, I thought, and limped out of the doors, broken.

Have you ever felt yourself SCOWLING at a preacher? I don't know if the scowl was on my face, but it was definitely in my spirit. I didn't LIKE all that he had to say this morning. I needed to hear it, but I didn't like it.

So, a BLOG is born.

This blog will not be a story blog, a Mommy blog, or a forum for the antics of my brain. This Blog is a prayer journal of sorts, a computer generated conversation between my Savior and I. Feel free to eaves drop, in fact I invite you to. Pray along if you like.

Prepare for offerings as simple as a child would make. And don't expect a lot of details, because the One that I am talking to knows what I am going to say before I do. I just don't have to explain much to Him.




Father God,

Thank You for the words that Pastor Wrenn spoke today. If he could see in my countenance that I wasn't happy, help him to forgive me and not feel judged by me. Continue to bless him Lord, that he will always speak the Truth of Christ.

Father God, I ask You to take the prayers on this Blog as an offering. May they be a sweet aroma to You, through Christ, and may they in turn be used to bless others.

Father God, I ask Your blessings on this Country, Our Leadership, and most especially our Service Men and Women. Thank You for the freedom I have to put my thoughts and feelings to this page.

In All things give thanks, and I do. I thank You for All and for desiring to be my ALL in ALL.

In Jesus' Precious and Holy Name, I pray.....

Amen


I brought my laptop to the front porch so that I could do this in a quiet place. As I finished, a hummingbird flew up to the feeder that is 3 feet from me and over my head. He drank from the feeder, swooped down eye level and 2 feet from me, and flew away when he heard my quick indrawn breath.

If the Holy Spirit could appear to Christ in the form of a Dove, could He manifest Himself to me in the form of a Hummingbird? Oh Lord, how I yearn to hear you say to me, "Here is my child, of whom I am well pleased."

Be Blessed Y'all.

5 comments:

concerned parent said...

Beautiful Jennifer!

Crazy in Alabama said...

jennifer,

Thank you for starting this blog. I have been struggling with my, um, whatever (I don't want to say faith becuase I don't think that's it) for several years. I was raised in church and went to a private Christian school. When I got divorced I felt like people, not God, judged me, alienated me, etc. I took this personal and instead of turning to God and knowing that he was not judging me, I just turned away from it all. Now, I know that God is present in my life daily because he shows himself all the time. I think he is trying to give me hint. But I still struggle with knowing what to do, which church to go to, who will accept me and family, etc. I want to talk to the pastor at the church I have been going to, but do not know where to start. Anyway, didn't mean to make this about me...just wanted to say that I think your blog is another way that God is hinting to me...

j said...

CrZ In AL, Honey, Thank You. You just gave a testimony to what is in your Heart right now, and I believe that God knows where we are at in our lives and in our spiritual walk before we do.

Girl, He knows the VERY NUMBER of hairs on our heads! So of course he knows the struggles of our hearts.

Reading what you wrote gave me chills, because I recognised parts of my own journey in them.


But I have one word for you....

JESUS.

It is not the church, our family, what the Christian down the street does. It is just Jesus. Find out who He IS, WHAT He has done for YOU, and what He wants to continue to do for you. On your own, one on One, not through a Minister or other teachers. He'll show you! And what you don't understand quite yet, that might be a lesson He wants for you to learn later!!

Sometimes The Church and churchy people want to lay down rules and tell you what you are SUPPOSED to look like as a Christian.

I'm here to tell you, I can't live up to their expectations anymore than I can live up to God's. And JESUS died for that very reason. Because I CAN'T do it on my own, He assumed that burden for me. He bore the weight of my sin and shortcomings and took them to the cross.

I could just sit and let that soak in for days. Because....

I'll pray for you Dear. And I am 100 percent on your side. I want you to have that You didn't make this post about you... It was already!!

I love YOU and I will be here for you if you need me!!!

Jennifer

Crazy in Alabama said...

Thank you so much. You have really been an inspiration to me. It's good to know that there are people that I can turn to...even if I have never met them.

Kimmie said...

Oh Jen...this blog couldn't have come at a better time in my life. I so need all that I have read to reaffirm that I have not been abandoned. Thank You!

And...Thank You Jesus for giving Jen the inspiration to start "Prayerfully Yours". It is such a Gift.
Love,
Kimmie