Sunday, May 18, 2008

This is NOT a Mommy Blog. I repeat; This is NOT...

My seven year old son came up to me, all eyes.

"Momma, Daddy threw a movie away and it wasn't even broken."

"Really? What movie was it?"

"Harry and The Hendersons."

?????????

"Really Son? Why?"

"Because it used God's name in the Baddest way. And I don't even know what it said."


Father God,

Thank You for the stand that my Husband took for You. Thank You for the Witness that he made before his son. And thank You Lord, that my son "doesn't even know what they said." Thank You for that innocence and I pray that he is able to maintain it for as long as possible in this fallen world.

I pray that he grows into a man that would abhor hearing Your Name taken in vain, and that he would be bold in his own home one day. I pray for my future daughter in law, that she is being raised in the love and admonition of the Lord.

In Jesus' Holy and Precious Name I pray,

Amen

2 comments:

concerned parent said...

Yes we have purged ourselves of these movies and tapes and ect., ect. It does make a stand with the kids, and I too pray with you for your future daughter in law from a mom of a dating boy to you. Lord send him a women who would have a love for you and a respect for her son.

Susan said...

Such a vital thing to do!!!
Susan