Sunday, June 1, 2008

ALIVE IN CHRIST


I am quite taken with photography lately and I enjoy taking pictures of flowers. There are so many beautiful plants in bloom. I even enjoy the green of the leaves. It is 'early' green, and not the dark green of late summer. Very fresh looking.

This afternoon I was taking pictures of my Blue Hydrangeas, and I spotted a Ladybug on the flower. I snapped a picture quickly as it looked like it was about to fly away. After I took the shot, I looked at it closely. It never moved, only remained with it's wings spread about to fly.

I reached out and nudged it a bit. The Ladybug was dead, it's lifted wings forever frozen. As I tried to pick it up to study it closer, it fell into the flowerbed below. I didn't think much of it, until now. God has put that experience on my heart.

It had appeared alive to me, ready to take off. I even took a photo of it but I was deceived. There was no life there.


Father God,

Please don't let me be dead in my Faith. Allow there to be life, and growth ..... through You. I realize that there are times of growth and times of rest. Let me be filled with a living faith during both. Father, I don't want to come to a time in my life when I am not what I appear to be. I don't want to talk the talk without walking the walk.

But I guess Lord, this already happens at times. Please Father, help me to stay focused on You and forgive me for allowing 'things' to take my focus away from You. I want the light and love of Christ to shine through me always. I want to live like I am ALIVE in CHRIST! But it is only by Your grace that I can do this. Thank You for Your Faithfulness, and for hearing my prayers. Thank You for your Son who died for me, and thank You that I worship a Risen Savior.

In Jesus Name,

Amen

2 comments:

Kimmie said...

My Dear Jen,
The light of Our Lord shines ever so brightly through you! You are a blessing in my life.
Love,
Kimmie

concerned parent said...

Jennifer honey, you are a light to me each day. I get my coffee and sit down to see the fun, free side of you and then to hear your heart I am encouraged and brightened by your spirit. I have been feeling I need to work on my praise and soda blog and need to find time like you have to showcase each side the Lord has blessed us with.