Sunday, June 1, 2008

START YOUR WEEK WITH SUSAN!!!

Oh Blogfriends, I have a treat for YOU!! I have asked Susan of Penless Writer to do a guest post today. Her obedience to the Lord has always touched my heart. When I visit her site, I have a sense of Peace. I believe her words are annointed and she desires to be Christ-like!

Please grab a cup of coffee, a diet soda, or a glass of water. Settle in comfortably where you are reading right now. Still you heart and mind, and ask God to minister to you through her words, the very words that I believe He gave her to share with you! Be blessed!!

~~oOo~~

When Jennifer first contacted me on May 23rd to see if I would consider doing a guest post on her new prayer blog I was delighted. I was delighted because I know God is stirring His Body to pray and I was overjoyed to hear Jennifer was being obedient to the call God was placing on her life. Oh, that each of us would do that every time the Lord speaks to us! "And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams." 1 Samuel 15:22

She told me to pray about it and let her know........I did not have to pray about it because God's word says: "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear." 1 Peter 3:15 I e-mailed her back telling her I would be more than happy to participate. Just to let me know when....so here I am!

Because I have heeded the admonition of Psalms 119:11 "Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee." I literally govern my life by His word. I cannot always give you Chapter & Verse to each and every truth of His WORD that is hidden in my heart, but the essence of it is there and if I need to know Chapter and Verse I can quickly find it.

My life verse is Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ." I discovered this verse as a very new Christian after being Born Again at the age of 18 and claimed it as my own. 52 years later, at the age of 70, I can tell you without a doubt in my heart that this verse is true. He began that good work in my heart on September 24, 1956 and He is continuing that good work and has performed it through today and will perform it either until He takes me home or I hear that trump of God and am raptured!! How would anyone want to build their life on anything less?!!!

I would like to tell you these 52 years have been a steady progression upward, but that would not be truth. Many times it has been 2 steps forward and 1 step back.......But I can tell you THE WORD OF GOD has sustained me through it all and ALWAYS quickly gotten me back on track. I have had many trials during these years, as all of us have. The lowest time in my life was back in 1984 when I was fighting with all I had for my marriage of 25 years. At that time, when I was about to despair God spoke to me with John 6:66-69 "From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him. Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life."

Father God,

I come to You this very moment and ask that You use YOUR WORDS to touch all who You cause to read this post. Father God I acknowledge it is Your work and Your words and that all You require of us is obedience. I thank You that You are a God who is the same , yesterday, today and forever. I am thankful Your word is truth. I am thankful "THE WORD was made flesh and dwelt among us." and that I call You not only Savior but Lord.

It is in the precious, precious name of Jesus I pray.

Amen

11 comments:

Susan Skitt said...

Hi Susan :) Thought I'd visit you here as you guest post. What a powerful testimony of prayer and the Word. It is God working in us each and every day. Oh may we listen to His voice. Truly our Lord Jesus has the words of life and life eternal. To whom else can we go? Thanks for sharing.

Your friend in Christ,
Susan

groovyoldlady said...

The anchor holds!

Unknown said...

A great post! Susan is one of my blogworld mentors. I thank God for her each and every time I recieve a comment from her or visit her blog. Her positive attitude and spirit are an inspiration to me and hopefully to others. Thanks for allowing her to be a guest here. This post certainly touched my heart.

Anonymous said...

Spoken straight from her heart. Susan is very precious to me and it's a joy to call her "friend".

Thanks for letting her share with all of us!

Kimmie said...

Thank You Susan for being a guest here at Jen's blog. I loved your post. Your words and scripture validated the reason I choose to be one with God. I want his light to shine through me so other's can see how wonderful having his presence in my life is. I agree with what you said with the trials and tribulations in our lives, but I have found that during these times, my Faith and Trust tend to sometimes go weak, but only for a moment...then I get stronger again. I believe this happens when he wants me to work harder to keep his presence first and formost in my life. Blessings to you Susan.
Hugs,
Kimmie

Unknown said...

What beautiful words spoken here. Thank you so much!!

JC said...

Beautiful words and prayer. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Amen.Thank you.

concerned parent said...

First, great words of hope and the love of our father, Susan you are someone I will look for in eternity you have had such words for me, my trials and many countless days that I know the hand of God was in your posts. Glad to see your writing is reaching out to others too.
Second, thank you Jennifer for this site and all that it will become for many of us reading it.

Mary@notbefore7 said...

What a powerful, encouraging post. ...from the heart as always, Susan!

Blessings.

j said...

Susan, thank you. This was lovely. I have always looked up to you in the Blogging Community for your stand for Christ. There just aren't words to express how precious you are to me.

Jennifer