Monday, May 19, 2008

I'm Not Praying for Patience, BUT....

Father God,

I need your help with this. Please Father God, I need to be able to be patient with him. I respect him, I want to bring honor to him, but.... you know Lord. It gets harder and harder to talk to him. Father, I think so much of the problem is me so please Lord, soften my heart. I am not asking You to change him, I am asking you to change ME. I need GRACE on this Father God. I want to be a good daughter, but I am just so impatient. Make it OK in my Spirit to listen and not be heard.

I love You Lord, my Heavenly Father who I KNOW hears me.

In Jesus' Holy and Precious Name,

Amen

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Jen,

Have you ever tried praying Scripture? I find it's a really good thing when I need to pray about something/someone that I'm having a bit of (ahem...) "attitude" about. Hard to keep a 'tude when you're praying Scripture.

Thanks for allowing me to peak into your quiet time!

Blessings! Dawn

Sharon said...

Dawn, what do you mean pray scripture. Are we reading verses and praying about that verse?
Sharon

Valarie Lea said...

Sharon, I am gonna try and answer that question for you. Lord I pray I get this correct. I have prayed scripture and pretty much what I do is I repeat to God what his word says. If I am praying for peace and courage I like to pray Exodus 14:14 "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still". I might say "Lord I know I can not do this alone, and I know your word says that if I will only be still you will fight for me. So Lord I give this battle to you."

Sharon I also want to say thank you for asking this question, because it reminded me of what I have not been doing. :o)

Susan said...

Great prayer in realizing the changes ALWAYS come in us and not others. WE are the only one we can change.
Susan

Sharon said...

Valerie, thank you for this example, i have never done this and i am planning to start.