Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Prayer for Coping with Chronic Pain


Father God,

You knew today that I would ask this prayer before I did. Which means the need that I bring to the throne You were aware of as well. So for me, for the opportunity to abide in You through this need, I pray...

Father, in my mind, my fleshly mind, there seems to be a proper order to life, the way things should be. But this is not true of life and I know, through Jesus' own words, that there will be trials. Father, there is a young man in our family dealing with chronic pain. His pain radiates to those who love him for they feel his pain with him.

Father, just a touch....a mere breath....from You and he would not only be pain free, but healed. OF COURSE God this is what I ask for him. But Lord, if You are working in His life through this pain, then I pray Your will be done in his life. And OF COURSE I ask that it be accomplished quickly that he won't have to cope with the pain for very long. Because the flesh is weak....I am weak. It is hard to look past the now to the Eternal. To see that every ache here in the natural could carry a Blessing in the Eternal.

Father God, Healer, Comforter, I ask You to meet every need of his spirit, mind, and body. I pray that You give him the strength to endure and the Trust to abide in You. And Father God, I ask this for others who are dealing with Chronic Pain, and whose pain radiates to those who love them. I don't have to know a name, a face, or a circumstance because I believe that You know this already. I just lift them up before the throne today too. For "my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus."

In Jesus' Holy and Precious Name I pray,

Amen

6 comments:

JC said...

Jen, I stand in agreement in asking for healing for this young man and that God's perfect will be done in his life. Where two or more agree touching anything they can have whatever they ask. I believe that his pain is leaving right now never to return. JC

j said...

PRAISE GOD!!

Susan said...

All our pain was nailed to the cross and carried by our Lord, just as all our sins were. I also lift up this dear person to our wonderful, Lord and Savior. It is in His name I pray. Amen
Susan

Kimmie said...

I am lifting this young man up in prayer to Our Lord Jesus that He will grant him favor and release the pain from this young man's body. Please hear my prayers Lord Jesus...I ask you this in your Father's name. Amen.
Hugs,
Kimmie

PM Jones said...

Wow this is such a beautiful prayer. So many people have chronic pain issues and get to the point they can't take it any longer....this would be so perfect for them to hear. I am so glad to have seen this for myself.
PMsings2@yahoo

PM Jones said...

Wow this is so beautiful...people are leaving the link on their indivudual chronic pain support pages on FB.