Thursday, May 22, 2008

~*~ Thankful Thursdays with JC ~*~



I am blessed to have Jimmie Carol posting regularly for Thankful Thursdays with JC . If you asked me who she is, I would say a beloved friend, a giver of good hugs, and a fun lady. Let's see who SHE says that she is. Meet Jimmie Carol.....


~*~ I am a woman SMITTEN, totally and completely in love with the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, the Creator of all that is and all that will ever be.

~*~ I've learned that the One I serve is not unlike our earthly parents.

~*~ The more I delight in Him, the more I appreciate who He is. And the more I am truly thankful for all He does for me, the more he does.

~*~ I am not a scripture quoter. His Word is buried in my heart but not by book, chapter and verse.

~*~ He delights in me and He desires for His children to delight in Him. When we delight totally and completely in sweet surrender to His will and His way, He will take us on an amazing adventure.

~*~ He already knows what we need before we ask so I can just thank Him. I don't have a need he doesn't supply. Sometimes I don't even have to ask.


~*~

I am SO not a morning person so before I get out of bed, just after I realize that I've been given another day, this is how I start my morning:



Good morning Lord, this is a day that You have made and I'm going to rejoice and be glad in it!

Father, God, holy is Your name. Your Kingdom come, Your will be done in my life today just as it is in Heaven. Thank You for giving me everything I need today and thank You for forgiving my sins. Lord, I'll be faithful to forgive those that may offend me or hurt my feelings or in anyway sin against me. Lord, thank You for leading me away from temptation and keeping me far from evil for Yours is the Kingdom and the Power and the Honor and the Glory. You and You alone are worthy of my praise and my adoration. Thank You for your Son and Your Holy Spirit. Thank You for leading and guiding me through this day.



In Jesus' powerful and wonderful name,



Amen


9 comments:

j said...

Carol, this was wonderful...

I am so sorry that I was late in publishing it. I plead complete and total ignorance.

I pray that the Lord will continue to bless you with words that HE wants shared on this site. He is SO Good!

Love you Carol!

Jen

Scarlet said...

Those hot pink words carry a lot of power.

I love the new blog; it's a good read, especially in the morning w/ a cup of espresso and milk and the dog by my side. "I'll be bach." ;)

BTW, I LOVE the gigantic flower that greets your visitors as they enter your blog. BEE-YOU-TIFUL!

Mom Knows Everything said...

Thank you Jennifer. I've been going through a rough time lately and it's nice to know that I'm never alone, HE is always with me.

Mike Golch said...

Jen,that you for creating this site.I would like to add a prayer request if I may.It is for my Cousin Keith"s wife Cindy.she has neck surgery last week and had to be take to the hospital on Thursday because of complications and I'm still waiting to hear about her condition.

Denise said...

Great blog.....It is a wonderful idea to start a blog just for this....I will be back on a regular basis to read..... We need words that uplift and encourage us........

hugs

Susan said...

It's wonderful that you are taking part in this God thing of Jennifer's. I'm glad to have "met" you.
Susan

LifeAtTheCircus.com said...

This is a great blog. I will be back checking some more. (I've already been back several times to you dust bunny site, very clever!) I just wanted to say that on the weekends I do a post called Weekend Thoughts (formerly known as Thoughtful Thursday until Sincerly Fro' Me to You began on Thursdays) anyway, I don't really have a "following" at all, and thus, no mr linky (since typically only my mom and mother in law reads my weekend blog entries) :-) BUT, if you wanted to post a link in my comment section to a post on your blog of spiritual significance or some thought, well, that would be swell. If not, that's fine too!

http://lifeatthecircus.com/category/thoughtful-thursday/

DD said...

:) lovin it! Thanks for sharing!

Kimmie said...

Nice to meet you JC! I loved reading your post today, especially your Morning Prayer. Thank You for inspiring me with such loving and powerful words today.
Hugs,
Kimmie