Sunday, June 29, 2008

FOR I KNOW THE PLANS THAT I HAVE FOR YOU....

I am a Mommy, so I have seen my fair share of Veggie Tales Videos. "Veggies" is actually one of my son's first words. And he wasn't talking about broccoli. We recently cleaned out our collection of videos. I would NOT let anyone get rid of the large collection of Veggie Tales Videos that we have acquired. Because I LIKE them.

Phil Vischer, creator of Veggie Tales, wrote a book called Me Myself and Bob, about his rise and fall in the animation industry. I read his book from cover to cover, NOT because I am interested in corporate America, but because I love Bob the Tomato and Larry the Cucumber. I watched first hand as they taught my kids about God.

And I wanted to share these videos, not because I am a Mommy Blogger, but because I think that what God did in Phil Vischer's life is relevant to all of us, regardless of our age, parental status, or interest in cartoons. I have included three Veggie Tales videos FIRST. Watch if you like, or not. But the last three videos are of an interview with Phil Vischer and I highly recommend watching them. I think you'll be blessed.

And my prayer is simply that... I pray that you are blessed today, through Christ Jesus. That you will see something as you watch these videos that will speak to your inner child and that will speak to the adult as well!



















Father God,

I pray that something in this will minister to someone, led here by You, to read and 'watch' today. Father, thank You for working in my life. Though I may not be able to see how it can all work together for the good, help me to Trust YOU. To know that things in my life will INDEED work together for good, because I love You, and have been called by You according to Your purpose.

In Jesus Name I pray.

Amen

5 comments:

david mcmahon said...

G'day from Australia,

Anyone who eats vegies is blessed today - and tomorrow!

JC said...

I love veggie tales and I agree with David from Australia.

Stacey said...

We love Veggietales and I catch myself singing songs from the videos at random times.

Great blog!

Lori Stilger said...

Wow, Jen! Why didn't I know about this blog???? Dustbunnies always makes me laugh - but this is another gem.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Kimmie said...

Hey Jen,

I watched all the videos and I have to say Thank You! What a story Phil told about his walk with Christ. I learned alot through his words today. The videos were precious. Very good messages come from Veggie Tales, how blessed are the children who watch them.

Very nice post. :-)

Hugs,
Kimmie