Tuesday, July 1, 2008

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ


Let Freedom Ring!

July 4th is my favorite holiday of the year. When I go to Hobby Lobby or Wal-Mart and see the Red, White and Blue displays I get all happy inside!!!! The American Flag is one of the most beautiful sights my eyes have ever beheld. July 4th is a time for family and friends to gather, celebrate, pray and remember.

We celebrate FREEDOM!!! We celebrate our freedom as Americans and we celebrate our Freedom in Jesus Christ. Neither of these freedoms are free. A great price has been paid for both.

"if the Son therefore shall made you free, you shall be free indeed" John 8:36. We are free from the penalty of sin and the power of sin and one day we will be free from the presence of sin. We are free to refuse the spirit of fear that tries to attach itself to us as a result of the unrest in our great country - our upcoming presidential election, the soaring gas prices and the rising cost of food!!!!

A lump wells up in my throat when I think of our sons and daughters who are fighting for our freedom. My heart goes out to the families and friends of those who will not come home again. - OUR FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Father, how do I express my thanks to you for my freedom? Words seem so empty so please listen to my heart. Be very near to our soldiers who are fighting for our freedom today. I am thankful to be a Believer in Jesus Christ living in America. In Jesus name I pray.

Tiz

LET FREEDOM RING!!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Abe's just visiting...

Hi Jennifer,

Nice post for July 1, 2008.

You thank your father by living your life. It is wonderful.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I am working on colors at the moment and this brown one don't look so good.

The bees are back in Brookville, Ohio. I hope for the rest of the year at least. I even got one on my Better Blog Writing post today. LOL

—Abraham Lincoln
Brookville Daily Photo

JC said...

Beautiful post Tiz. Love ya, JC

concerned parent said...

Touching post and have a great 4th of july!!

Salute said...

Great post and happy 4th of July.

Kimmie said...

Hi Tiz,
What a lovely post. I too pray for our soldiers to come home and for the war to end. We have paid a very high price for our freedom. I also pray for all the families that have loved ones overseas, my heart breaks for them.

I refuse to let the enemy in, although he tries very hard! I know that Our Lord will watch over myself and my family. I am thankful that I have him in my life, ever so present in my mind and body. He gives me so much comfort in my heart.

Have a Blessed 4th Of July!
Hugs,
Kimmie