Friday, June 6, 2008

Trials

I am breathing.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.


That means that I am alive. And if I live, that means that there will be trials in my life.

FACT.


Now granted, what I see as a trial might be a giggle fest for someone else. They may be going through something so HUGE, that what plagues my heart and spirit just doesn't compare. In fact, the problems that I have right now?

I would choose them...

~In the face of a mother that dealing with cancer in her child's body...
~In the face of losing a loved one...
~In the face of living in a battle zone...
~In the face of betrayal and despair...

I will take the minor annoyances that cause my heart to hurt. The trials that I experience are no less painful than those of others, but when I stop and think what I could be facing? I give thanks.

Father God,

As I go through the trials in my life, I thank You that I will be able to one day minister to others, going through the same thing. I know that all things change. Good can become bad, but the Bad can become Good. I will take all of these changes, and trials that result, in stride as long as my stride is with You. Walk with me Lord and guide me, if in the midst of my sorrow and pain, I forget to walk with You.

I Thank You Lord, that my trials are what they are and that You are here, present in my life, to guide me through.

In Jesus Precious Name I Pray,

Amen


I have a prayer request HERE. Thanks.

5 comments:

cajungal01 said...

Ahhh...so true and so wonderful to be reminded of. I rejoice in the trials that bring me closer to Him, that can reflect Him in me for others to see, and give me the opportunity to show Him how very much I love and trust Him.
Thank you for a wonderful post!
:0)

Mom Knows Everything said...

My father always had a saying, "God never gives you anything that you can not handle." This saying has helped me numerous times and I hope it helps you as well. Take care my friend!

Kimmie said...

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."

Praying for you Jen. Love you honey.
Hugs,
Kimmie

LifeAtTheCircus.com said...

I too was reminded of the need for perspective this week when we lost our power for 40 hours. As I was annoyed at the fridge full of spoiled food I faced, I realized I'd take that over the people in the paper I saw who had a tree crash through their house. I plan to write on my revelations of all I have to be thankful for that I never stop to thank God for, this weekend. Really,how many times have I given thanks for toilets that flush? not enough I tell you.
I know your hurting right now, read it in your other blog. Take heart that your Father cares and will hold your hand through this trial.

Angela Nazworth said...

Ahh, beautiful post. THank you for sharing your heart.