Thursday, June 5, 2008

~*~ Thankful Thursday with JC ~*~

“I will offer to You the sacrifice of Thanksgiving and will call on the name of the Lord.” Psalm 116:17 (AMP)

In the Everyday Live Bible, Joyce Meyer makes this Life Point, “Notice that in Psalm 116:17, the psalmist says that he will call on the name of the Lord, but only after he has offered the sacrifice of thanksgiving. Many times I have attempted to call on the power of the name of Jesus to help me, while at the same time my life was filled with complaining--not thankfulness. I have discovered that there is no positive power in complaining. Complaining is filled with power, but it is negative (evil) power. If we want God’s power to be released in our lives, we will have to stop complaining and be thankful.”

Now I don’t know why I felt lead to share that but maybe someone needs it. I know I spent years keeping myself from enjoying all God has for me by the negative words I was speaking about my circumstances and about myself.

Father,

God, I praise you for you and you alone are worthy of my praise and my adoration. Thank You for contentment for You have lifted me out of the pile of crap (Psalm 113:7 KJV says dunghill) and set me in a wonderful place in Christ Jesus.

Thank You for Internet radio just like David soothed King Saul with his harp so the solo piano Internet station I listen to makes me happy.

Thank You for the beauty of nature in the wild flowers I pass by every day. As I think about the fact that no one tends them but they are a treat for me every day with different ones in different seasons, You remind me to “Consider the Lilies of the field…” Matthew 6:28.

Thank You for bargains, Your word tells me that you will provide all my needs because you know what they are (Matthew 6:30) and You know how giddy I get when I find what I need on sale. YEA GOD!!

Thank You for blueberries; You really out did Yourself on those.

Thank you for friends; the ones that You put in my path just at the right time and for the right purpose. I am truly blessed.

Thank You for my pastor, Kent Mattox (WAIO.org) because he is sincere in his desire to see people not only know and accept Jesus through salvation but for them to be equipped for service. I appreciate his candor, his wit, his silliness, his willingness to be transparent but mostly his encouragement. He encourages even urges us to seek out Your truths for ourselves through Your word, through prayer, and spending time in Your presence.

Father open my spiritual eyes and ears to Your truths. Grant to me boldness and the gift to communicate in a powerful and meaningful way.

In Jesus precious, powerful and holy name I pray.

Amen.

3 comments:

Kimmie said...

Hi JC,
This was really a very eye opening post today. I for one got alot out of it. I have had a rough time over the past three years. Different things just keep happening. Well, I realized that I tend to wallow in my sorrow when instead I should be thankful to God for all the good he has put into my life.

Some things I am thankful for:

Jennifer for opening this beautiful blog.

For the special guests who post here to help me grow in my faith more and more everyday.

For all the little things that most people take for granted. A random act of kindness, a quiet moment, waking up in the morning to a brand new day, God's beautiful Garden all around us, the birds singing in the early morning hours, my kitty, my children, my husband, and you JC.

Obviously my list could actually go on forever. :-) I have realized I am a pretty lucky lady.

Thank You for reminding me to be thankful today. God Bless You.

Love,
Kimmie

JC said...

Kimmie, I love your name. Thanks for the comment. So many times I have figurative tied the hands of my Lord from working in my life because of my own mouth but when I discovered the power in praise. It has been life changing. Kimmie, my new friend, I pray that you will be blessed beyond measure and walk as a highly favored Princess before your Lord and Saviour. JC

j said...

Oh Carol. I NEED that reminder right now. I need to be reminded to give thanks to God at all times, in all things.

Thank God for YOU!

I love You JC!

Jennifer