Tuesday, June 24, 2008

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ

Today I want to reveal to my blogging friends something unusual about myself.

I ENJOY IRONING - like in getting wrinkles out of fabric. Now, I have said it!!!

Please don't turn your computer off - hear me out!!!!

Ironing is one of the first chores I remember my Mama teaching me. Even today when I take my hands and press out the wrinkles before putting the hot iron to the fabric, I remember the way her little hands looked as she showed me how. Then I would turn on the radio and listen to country music - Farron Young was my favorite (did I date myself?) and iron away to my heart's content. (I have changed the way I entertain myself while I iron!!!) Now, why am I sharing this side of myself with you?

Listen with your spirit to one of my favorite scripture verses. "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away;
behold, all things have become new." II Corinthians 5:17


Friends, I used to have the mind set that when I became a Christian, God sorta washed me, dried me, starched me and then ironed ME. No, No, No, Tiz, He created a NEW creature. He didn't just make YOU look better. He created a new creature in Christ Jesus.

Do I hear a PRAISE?!!!!!

Precious Father,

Thank you for revealing to me who You are and who I am in You. When You drew me to Yourself, I had nothing to offer. This You knew and You gave me YOUR LIFE. Now I stand before You without spot or wrinkle - all because Jesus chose to take the hot iron for me!!!!

I thank You and praise You in His Name.

Tiz

5 comments:

Mark said...

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. It means a lot to me and any ideas you may have will be taken to heart. I'm quite happy for you that you have found peace in Jesus. I have not been so lucky. I lost my faith in the fields of Vietnam. To say I will change now would make me a lier and a sham. One thing I have learned over the years, that Peace and Love is the only answer. Any other way, we all will fail. Thanks again for your advice. I am going to talk to Hospice on Thursday. It will take some pressure off my good wife Rebecca. Peace be with you always Mark

JC said...

Tiz, You reveal something about yourself I did not know. I wish we lived close enough for you to do my ironing. This post is precious. Love ya, JC

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this great post.
I read Mark's comment and I think I will go and visit him to say Hi.

That's my story and by God's Grace I'm sticking to it.

j said...

Tiz, your posts always speak to me! Having you and your Baby Sis writing on this site has ministered to my heart in a way that I never imagined. He absolutely led me through this and just look what He has done!!!

To God be the Glory!!

Jen

Deb said...

I hear this Jesus guy is the best dry cleaner around. ;) That's a sweet story! Although I watched my mom iron to her heart's content, I always thought, "I hope I don't have to do that when I'm older!" (ha) But, I have found a very nice Korean man who can't get my name right, however, he does one heck of a job dry cleaning my clothes.

But, I'd rather new clothes if possible. I'd rather throw away the old and go with the new.

A new life which Jesus can give to anyone who believes.

:)