Saturday, July 19, 2008

Love Thy Neighbor

I have spoken a lot about our move on my site Dust Bunny Hostage. A LOT! Too much actually. But it's what is going on in my life (and seems to just not ever STOP going on!) so of course, that is what I talk about.

I have realized one of the ways that God is going to bless my family here (and He IS going to bless us, I have no doubt). I had a chance to speak to our next door neighbor. AND SHE IS A CHRISTIAN. I wasn't standing with her for 2 minutes before she started talking about the Lord. And do you know what? Without thinking or realizing what was happening, I was raising my hands in Praise! A completely involuntary action. Or maybe, Spirit led would be a better description.

The kids finally got to meet her and she told them, "If you are ever home and your parents aren't, and you need something, you come to see me." I feel so blessed.

Father God,

I pray for each family in our neighborhood. I ask that You allow us to be a witness for You. That if You have a plan for us in this community, that we would be able to accomplish what You send us to do, through Your Son, Jesus Christ.

Father, show us what it means to Love our Neighbor as ourself, Let us be a beacon of Christian love toward each of them. Father, I especially pray for the need of the man up the street, that You would send healing to his body and soul and comfort to his heart. Father God, You know his needs and I pray that You would meet each one according to Your will.

Thank You Lord, for the provision of safety and comfort that we have in our home and in our neighborhood.

In Jesus Holy and Precious name I pray,

Amen

6 comments:

Tiz said...

Yes, Jen, it will be exciting to see why you are living in the community you are living in. And yes, God does have a purpose for this move. Why don't you introduce your neighbors to blogging - That way you will really get to know them!!!

Be sure you introduce them to Prayerfull Yours, Jen.

Love you, Tiz

joyce said...

Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for Jen's Christian neighbors. Please guard and protect that budding friendship. And please fill the empty houses on our street with Christian neighbors, too. In Jesus Name. Amen.

JC said...

A christian neighbor is a wonderful thing. I'm at the Dead Sea and will be leaving for Jer. in an hour or so. My internet time is about to run out but wanted to check this site. Love you. Give B, E, M & D hugs for me. JC

Susan said...

He will use you.....because you are willing. In God's work....that's the requirement.
Susan

Lori Stilger said...

That's SO awesome, Jen!!!! God is SOOOOOOOO good. I'm praising Him right alongside you for this Godly neighbor - and for her willingness to speak of Him. My sister's just moved into a new house, and let's just say her neighbor experience is TOTALLY different.... :)
You're BLESSED beyond measure! :) Have a wonderful day!

Dawn said...

Isn't that just so awesome that God cares enough about our daily, earthly life that He places just the *right* people at just the right place in our lives??? I know I've told you again (and again, and again) about our numerous moves over our almost 18 years of marriage. During these moves, though, I've always prayed that He would place *special* people in my life as we've never lived near family and I needed those types of friendships to fill the gaps of no family. And He's ALWAYS answered that prayer.

Know what else? You may be THE answer to your neighbor's prayer for a Christian to move into the house you now call yours!