Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Mysterious Ways of God...

I had stated that this was not a Mommy Blog when I first started it. Funny how I thought that I could separate myself on this site from being a mother. Not possible. When I sit down to write, I can choose what I write about, but I cannot NOT be a Mommy.

Even so, this is not where I will post pictures of my kids (well, not often) or tell day in the life stories about them. But when the Lord uses them to speak to my heart about something specific? I think that is pertinent here at Prayerfully Yours.

Our family life has been in a state of turmoil for the past two weeks. My husband and I have been worried about the way the kids were assimilating into their new schools. God is so GOOD, and has answered prayers, many many prayers, for my children. We are currently 'breathing a sigh of relief'.

During the peak of our trials, I hit a low point. I locked myself in the bathroom, got into the shower, and gave in to my heartache. I cried and I prayed. As I was praying for my son, and praying that God just make it all better, I found myself praying for another mother and her son. She is a blogger and her son has autism. God caused her name, and her son's name to pour from my mouth and lift them before the throne before I even realized what was happening. It amazed me.

I got out of the shower, now curious instead of anguished. I went to my computer and had to SEARCH for her blog. I had not spoken to her in a LONG time. After a while, I found her site. I clicked over to it and....

she had blogged about worrying over her son and his first day of school.

Her situation was the same as mine. Identical. Except that her son had a GREATER need than my son. And God saw that I needed to think OUTSIDE of my own problems, to quit focusing on MY needs, and pray for another. PRAISE GOD!

Father God,

I lift C.'s needs to you. I ask that you take care of her son and help him in school. Father God, thank you for bringing her to my mind. Thank you for using her to show me that WE ALL HAVE TRIALS and need the prayers of others. It blesses ME when I pray for the needs of other Moms. It keeps me from obsessing about my own problems. The way that you work Lord is truly amazing. I also thank you for reminding me of the scripture "No weapon formed against me shall prosper." It came to my remembrance JUST when I needed it.

I love You Lord, and I praise You and thank You for your mercies.

In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

5 comments:

Stanley said...

Its so nice for you to have compassion for another fellow blogger. God bless you and your family =)

Regards,
Stanley

Tiz said...

Jen, this is a precious post. I join you in praying for your blogging buddy and her son. Isn't it just like our Heavenly Father to do whatever is necessary to help us see someone else need even if our own heart is breaking. We will trust His Son to meet the needs of your son and your blogging buddies son - how about that!!!!

Because of His Grace, Liz

Anna Belle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JC said...

Sorry Jen, I made to many errors in my first attempt to comment.

You are so right about the mysterious ways of God. It never fails when I'm dwelling on my own issues, He brings someone to mind that has issues far greater than mine.

I appreciate your sharing this experience. Other mommies need to hear mommy issues from the perspective of a Christian mommy.

Love ya. JC

concerned parent said...

I get so close to God when I pray for others, which also comes from self pity and praying for my own family. It is a touching post and I am glad you are so open to letting us share your heart.
Love and prayers for your family, Ali