Thursday, August 14, 2008

~ Thankful Thursday with JC ~


Thanks Donna for sharing this prayer on your site. Like Donna, I’m not Catholic so I’m not familiar with how someone becomes a Saint but this prayer spoke to me and I wanted to share it with you. I did look up Saint Theresa and found that she is known as the Saint of the Little Ways. Meaning she believed in doing the little things in life well and with great love. She is also the patron Saint of flower growers and florists. Roses represent her. She died in 1897 at the age of 24. If you want to know more go HERE.

Listen closely to the words:

Saint Theresa’s Prayer
May today there be peace within.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content knowing you are a child of God.
Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.
It is there for each and every one of you.

Father, how awesome you are, holy is your name. All praise honor and glory belong to you and you alone. Father I pray that the prayer of Saint Theresa become alive in each reader. I thank you that I am content in knowing I am your child. Thank you for setting my spirit free to sing, dance, praise and love you. In Jesus’ precious, holy and powerful name I pray. Amen.

5 comments:

Deb said...

Even through mass forwards of emails that I've seen this prayer in------I always stop and read every word. It gives me a sense of peace for the day.

Thank you!

Abbey's Road said...

I love this prayer, and St. Therese is my patron Saint. She has never let me down. When I saw the rose, as I always do, I thanked her. So glad to find your blog.

Abbey

Tiz said...

Both yours and St. Theresas prayers are calming and restful. And I needed both today. The rose is beautiful.

Love you, Bethy

j said...

This was a beautiful post JC. I came back to reread today because I need the calmness that it brings.

Be blessed.

Jen

Kimmie said...

I am Catholic and this has always been a very favorite prayer of mine. It does give a feeling of calmness and tranquility. Thank You JC for both of these lovely prayers. Content is my heart.

Hugs,
Kimmie