Tuesday, August 12, 2008

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ

The Everlasting God...


"And Abraham planted a grove in Beersheba, and called on the name of the LORD, the everlasting God" Genesis 21:33

My Sunday School class is studying through the Book of Genesis. For several weeks we have walked with Abraham on his journey of Faith. In the 21st Chapter (Vs 33) Abraham is introduced to a new name for God - El Olam "the everlasting God" Abraham now has a new name to use in his worship. Abraham, like us, was well aware of the fact that situations and circumstances are constantly changing.

At this stage in Abraham's life, changes could mean - wells would disappear, trees would be cut down, ewe lambs would grow up and die, alters would crumble, and treaties would perish; but the EVERLASTING GOD would remain.

This lesson spoke to my heart as I thought about the fact that one phone call could mean that my safe, cozy, little world could be turned upside down. But the EVERLASTING GOD would remain.

CHANGES!!!!!

Children grow up
Cars quit running
Fashions go out of style
Folgers discontinues the product, Straight Up Latte (HELP)
Churches split (sad, sad)
Friends move away
Loved ones die (sorrow, sorrow)
A job you thought you would always have no longer exists

BUT THE EVERLASTING GOD REMAINS!!!!!!

"Father, I thank you that in my changing world I can depend on you to remain faithful. The fact that you are from everlasting to everlasting brings stability to my life. I pray that every person reading this blog will stop for just a moment and join me as we worship You for who You are, especially as our EVERLASTING GOD. In Jesus everlasting name, I pray. Amen"

8 comments:

j said...

Our change would be that we left a school where little man had friends and a sense of comfort to a place that he is so nervous and upset at the end of the day that he throws up.

Thank God that He is unchanging, the same, EVERLASTING for all of our tomorrows and changes of tomorrow. In all things give thanks. Thank you Lord that we had this opportunity to talk that we would not have had otherwise. I would not have discussed the whole armor of God with him if the trials had not come. PRAISE GOD!!

Be blessed and THANK YOU for your timely and comforting words.

I love you!

Jen

j said...

Sorry to be so whiny! :)

JC said...

Great post. Speaks to us just where we are with our everyday issues. Praying for little man today. Yep, he has his Grandaddy G's genes.

Kimmie said...

Thank You Tiz,
Knowing that Our Father's love is everlasting can be what makes getting through the tough days with peace in our hearts. I am having a particularly hard day, but I made my way here and I am so thankful that I did. This post reinforces my faith in knowing He will never change even if everything around me does.

Dear Father,
You have blessed me abundantly with the wisdom of others to reassure me that you will always be Everlasting in my life. I am thankful for Prayerfully Yours, I find much comfort here.

You are in my heart always,
Kimmie

Dawn said...

Change... always happens when you least expect it, too. We're going through our own sorts of change here, too - new school years, new school for Kat, new responsibilities for mom, new drivers in our cars (yikes!), new job duties (traveling) for hubby.

We've been through change before and God NEVER changes - He's proven it time and again to us!

I think He allows some of the change in our lives to happen to remind us to depend on Him and His unfailing and unchanging love and provision.

Humbly before you... thank you Lord!!!

Stanley said...

THats cool! I used to teach kids in sunday school a short while back =)

Abbey's Road said...

May I add "growing old" to your list? I feel blessed to be able to grow old and I thank the Lord for his mercy and patience with me and allowing me to grow old, have a legacy and enjoy watching it grow and thrive. Thank you Lord, for never turning your back on me, even when I was ignoring you. If the Lord can forgive me, He can forgive anyone. He is my love and the joy of my life.

Abbey

Abbey's Road said...

Jen and Tiz, regarding your comment on my blog, I think that is probably the nicest and most inspiring thing that anyone has ever said to me. Thank the Lord for the blessing of you as new friends!!

Abbey