Thursday, August 28, 2008

~ Thankful Thursdays with JC ~


Saturday morning I was checking emails when I noticed the chirping of a bird. A very excited, 'I’m alive and want to be noticed' chirp. I looked out my window to see a little bird perched on my grill. I looked to the left and saw a bigger bird on the deck rail with a fat bright green worm in its mouth. Bigger bird (I’ll call it Mama bird) flew over to the smaller bird (I’ll call it Baby bird) and put the worm right into its little mouth. I was mesmerized. I dared not move. Mama bird flew back to the deck rail and then away. Baby bird continued its excited, happy chirps. Then from the right another bigger bird (I’ll call it Daddy bird) flew over with a fat bright green worm in its mouth and fed it to baby bird. Daddy bird flew away. I didn’t move my eyes were fixed on Baby bird. In a few seconds, Baby bird flew to the dogwood tree to perch there awhile, perhaps to take a nap after his two fat worm meal.

Immediately Jesus’ words recorded in Matthew 6:26 came to mind, the NIV says, “Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?”

Father how wonderful You are to play out this scene from Matthew just for me! Thank You for reminding me not to fret/worry. Thank You for reminding me that whatever I lack You provide. You know I’m not concerned about your providing material things but it is the intangible things that have been on my mind like my lack of love for others. Thank You for reminding me that my neighbor is all mankind. Thank You for reminding me that my sisters and brothers are those that believe that Your Son, Jesus, is the Messiah the Jews continue to seek. Thank You for using my sister to remind me that there is a fine line between works and religion. I’m always amazed at how patient You are toward me and so very grateful. Forgive me for falling for the lies from the enemy that tell me, if you really loved You would do more or give more or leave my job and move off somewhere and work with the hungry or orphans or something. Thanks for reminding me that You are looking for willing vessels. You know that I am willing to go to the ends of the earth for You and I’m willing to stay put. I’m willing to speak and I’m willing to be silent, as You direct. You my Lord, my God alone are worthy of my praise, my worship, and my adoration. Father bless richly and abundantly every person who reads this prayers and humbles themselves as a willing vessel for Your service. In Jesus’ holy, precious and powerful name I pray. Amen

3 comments:

Tiz said...

JC, this is a fantastic post!!!
I am so blest this morning in so many ways. Being able to read this post being on the top of my blessing list.

Love you, Bethy

j said...

What a wonderful way to describe a quiet moment and a God wink. Isn't it wonderful how He shows us He is mindful of us AND gives us the ability to recognize it as from Him? He makes asks us to fully rely on Him and equips us to do just that! Amazing our God IS!

Jen

Sign4Jesus said...

Thanks for sharing that. I thought of the same verse recently. My husband's job is slow and things are not fairly being done but I know God will meet every need and provide. We do not know His plans. What a confirmation! God bless you!