Tuesday, August 19, 2008

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ


The LORD will provide.


In the 22nd chapter of Genesis and the 13th verse Abraham discovers another name for God, another name to use in his worship.
"Jehovah-jireh" - "the LORD will see to it" or "the LORD will provide".

In this passage of scripture, God has instructed Abraham to offer his son, Isaac, as a burnt offering. (I hope you can take the time to read this entire 22nd chapter) A variety of emotions surface every time I read this story. Abraham sees God as "Jehovah-jireh" when God provides a ram in the thicket to be offered as the sacrifice instead of Isaac. This ram in the thicket foreshadows our Lord Jesus being offered as a sacrifice in our stead. In the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ, God provided the way for our every need to be met in Him. "But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in Glory in Christ Jesus" Philippians 4:19

I chose to rest in this promise. I am His Princess, the apple of His eye and He delights in me. Yes, I can believe all my needs are being met according to His perfect plan for me. God provided a ram for Abraham and Isaac but he provided a LAMB for me - "the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world". Here I go, typing myself into a "Glory Fit".

"Father, I worship you today as Jehovah-jireh, MY PROVIDER. You provide my every need in your perfect timing. Thank you for the encouragement you have provided for me using my blogging buddies. I rejoice that I see you as my sacrifice,"the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world". Oh, Father, make these truths real to everyone reading this blog today. In the name of Jesus, MY PROVIDER, I pray." Amen

10 comments:

JC said...

Beautiful post. Love ya, JC

Stanley said...

So true =) SOmetimes its so hard for me to just let everything go and depend on God. Its great reading your post. Reminds me of God's amazing grace!

Valarie Lea said...

Amen, He is our Everything. :)

Brenda said...

I love what you said about providing the Lamb for us! That was awesome.
Brenda :)

Sign4Jesus said...

Hey Jennife! I added your blog to my friends =) Thanks for the comment.

Yes our God is our Provider. We never have to be concerned about anything. Enjoyed the post.

Abbey's Road said...

Hi Jen, please visit my blog today. I have dedicated a post to you!

In Christ, be blessed,
Abbey

Deb said...

Your posts always uplifts me. Sometimes I wonder about all the names "God" or G-d" has, ...for instance, isn't there a Yahweh in terms of God's name as well? Maybe that's in the Jewish doctrine? I'm not Jewish, but I do learn a lot by the Jewish teachings since Jesus was Jewish. They have Jews for Christ and vs. versa, which I find fascinating. What are your thoughts on that? Just curious.

Tiz said...

JC, Stanley,Valarie, It's all good,
sign4Jesus,Abby and Deb - thanks for your comments. All of you are precious to me.

Deb, it is my understanding that the name "Yahweh" is the Hebrew name for God, Jehovah. There are a lot of names for God, but only one God. All these names are fulfilled in the person of Jesus Christ who is the sacrifice for us all - Jews and Gentiles alike.

There is a book titled Names of God by Nathan Stone which is very enlightning concerning the names of God.

Because of His Grace, Tiz

j said...

Tiz.... this comment is difficult for me to make for some reason. I have not commented all week and have thought about it often.

Abraham being asked to give his son as a sacrifice. To trust God completely.

You know that things have been difficult with MY son lately. I have held the worry for him close to me, often disguised as prayer. I can tell myself that it is not worry, it is my every 2 second reminder to pray.

I can not even bring myself to say that I would like to be like Abraham... I don't want to be asked to do what he did. But I SO admire the faith that he had so that God could PROVIDE.

I know that my children are not mine but the Lord's. I try to remember that there is nothing that I can do, outside of Him, to truly protect them.

Your post was lovely and went straight to my heart.

I am also so thankful that blogging and other bloggers are blessing you so much.

Love you.

Jen

Tiz said...

Jen, your comment is so sincere. And I fully understand where you are coming from. Abraham knew that even if he slew Isaac, God would return Isaac to Him. Abraham believed God concerning His promise to bring forth a nation thru the promised son, Isaac. Abraham probably believed God would resurrect Isaac. He just believed God and God counted it to him for righteousness (Gal 3:6).
God will never ask you to sacrifice your son. His Son is the final sacrifice!!!! He just ask us to trust Him and believe His promises.

Sweet, I wish you could have been in our Sunday School class these past few months as we have followed Abraham in his walk of faith - he experienced victory and he experienced failures - just like Tiz!!!

Love you, Tiz