Saturday, September 27, 2008

For the Love of a Friend

I have been really burdened for a friend. This friend is going through a very difficult time. It seems that they have been faced with blow after blow in their life. From health issues, to concerns about a child, deaths of loved ones, and now the ending of an important relationship. I am not sure what to say or how to even pray for this person. It breaks my heart that they have had to face so many trials in such a short period of time.

But I know that I DO have to pray.

And I also have to let that person KNOW that they are on my heart and mind, and in my prayers.

In the face of such sorrow I find myself at a loss. I have to pray that the Lord's perfect WILL will be done. And when someone is suffering so much, do they want to see this as the Lord's WILL? I feel that I am left navigating in murky waters when forming my response. So through another's trials, I am asked to trust the Lord to give me the right words and actions.

Being a Christian does not mean that every question is answered. It does not guarantee that we will see His hand in everything that we experience. But being a Christian does demand FAITH that His hand is there.... that nothing happens to us that is not first sifted through his fingers... that He will allow some things to come into our life for a reason. And being a Christian demands that we TRUST HIM RADICALLY to accomplish a good work in our life, and in the lives of the believers that we love.

Father God,
I quite simply pray that Your will be done in my friend's life. I pray that You comfort this person in a time of great sorrow. I pray that you comfort any fears and show them Your love. I thank You that they know You deeply and personally. I praise you with all of my heart that they are a believer and will not go through this alone.
In Jesus name I pray... Amen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to come by and tell you thank you so much for you sweet words and encouragement for me while going through what I think was the ruffest time of my life. I am soo blessed to have you as a blog friend I wish I was with you so I could tell you all this in person but well Im here and your there. soo I will send ya hug on here
(((((((((((BIG HUG)))))))))))))

love ya!!!

toodles-
sarah

JC said...

Great post come right from the heart and this is a great one. I pray the person you are praying for will seek God's will with all their spirit and soul. Love ya, JC

Anonymous said...

Amen. Isn't it sad when people say all we can do is pray. All we can do??? It's the best, most powerful thing we Can do. I'm so grateful the cross gave me a direct line to our very creator, that I can cast All my cares upon Him. Blessings, Whitney

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your words of prayer.
Thank you also for stopping in for a visit...I was just going to post a 'WELCOME' to BATW visitors and saw that I was too late for some of you...you're FAST!!