Tuesday, September 30, 2008

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ


"All things"

"And we know that "all things" work together for good to them that love God, to them that are the called according to his purpose,"

Romans 8:28

This scripture tells me that "all things" are working together for my good. "ALL THINGS" - not good things, not bad things, not half way between good and bad things, but "ALL THINGS". To made an angel food cake we need flour, egg whites and sugar - not just sugar!!!

Recently a circumstance appeared in my life which proved to be one of those "all things" God chose to use to allow me to see Him working in my life. I mean He went ahead of me and solved a problem before I even knew I had a problem or a challenge. The situation took on a whole different twist as a result of a sister Princess coming back into my life. We had been trying to get together for weeks. She had the answer to my "all things". Turns out, she had her own "all things" going on and I was blessed to be our King's instrument to help her in making a very difficult decision. We met for food and friend talk and our "all things" turned into a party. Hey, if life gives you a lemon, make lemonade!!! If you have fabric scraps, make a quilt top!!!! Just another day in the life of a Princess!!!! Glory

"Father, I praise you today for who you are. I thank you for the marvelous ways you provide for my every need. I pray that every reader of this blog will experience you in the mist of their "all things" - the good and the not so good situations. I pray a special blessing on the sister Princess you so beautifully used in my life. In Jesus name, I pray." Amen

4 comments:

JC said...

AHHHH YES "ALL THINGS" how we so want to change that scripture to "ALL GOOD THINGS" but that just isn't happening not on this side of Glory. Great post. Love ya, JC

Unknown said...

Thank you SO much for your sweet compliment on Kat's blog!!! That just really made my day, and I came over to your blog to tell you that and what's staring me in the face? My favorite Bible verse...

Wow... God Rocks.

j said...

When you said Quilt Scraps, my mind automatically went to my Nanny and the life that she had. She was difinitely handed quilt scraps at times with her daughter committing suicide, her other daughters having struggles of their own, and a marriage that wasn't all that great.

And she quilted and created and crocheted and walked around looking for pleasant things in nature... I always saw her as a happy person. Now, as an adult, I realize that she had a LOT of sorrow in her life.

The quilt in the background was one that she made. Really pretty, isn't it? She doggedly pushed forward and used her quilt scraps. And it brings me A LOT of joy to use that photo in words that were so very well written.

I know it took me a while to comment on this post, but sometimes when I am particularly touched, I can't find the adequate words at the time.

You are a blessing to me Tiz!

Tiz said...

Jennifer, I just knew in my heart that was a picture of Nanny's quilt. I feel honored that you would share that picture on Tuesdays with Tiz. You are blessed to have Nanny's memories and she was blessed to have you as a loving granddaughter. Love you, Tiz