Thursday, September 18, 2008

~ Thankful Thursday with JC ~

Old hymns are more precious to me now than ever before. Today as I was driving home, I started singing “Tis so Sweet to Trust in Jesus”. I wasn’t sure about some of the words so I looked them up and decided to share them with you.

Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus
Just to take Him at His word;
Just to rest upon His promise;
Just to know, “Thus saith, the Lord”

O how sweet to trust in Jesus
Just to trust His cleansing blood;
Just in simple faith to plunge me;
Neath the healing cleansing flood.

Yes, ‘tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life, and rest, and joy, and peace.

I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.

Chorus
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him; How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er;
Jesus, Jesus, Precious Jesus! O for grace to trust Him more.

Father God I stand in awe of You. Thank you for reminding me of this old hymn. I’ve loved this song but had never let some of the words sink in.
“Just to take Him at His Word, Just to know, Thus saith the Lord” (By his strips I am heal, yes, healed indeed).
“Just to trust His cleansing blood, Neath the healing cleansing flood” (Though my sins be as scarlet, He washed them white as snow.)
“Just from sin and self to cease, Just from Jesus simply taking, life, and rest, and joy, and peace” (HALLEUJAH!!! She that the Son sets free is free indeed!)
“Precious Jesus, Savior, FRIEND, Wilt be with me to the end” (He will never forsake me, he will stick closer than a brother)
Father, I love you. Father, I pray, as each person reads the words of this song or hears it sung, you will make the words come alive within his or her spirit, as they have come alive in mine. In Jesus’ precious, powerful and holy name I pray. Amen.


4 comments:

Tiz said...

Oh, JC, this post is just wonderful. This is also one of my favorite hymns. I will listen to this over and over. Your prayer was a sermon in itself!! Maybe a bunch of bloggers will read, listen and be blest.

Have a "trusting in Jesus" day,
Bethy

joyce said...

Love it ! Hymns !!! Yum !

Anonymous said...

This was soooo beautiful. And just what I needed, Praise You Father. I adore the old hymns. They speak such truth, deep truth that doesn't need an electric guitar to touch my soul. Great Is Thy Faithfulness, His Eye Is On The Sparrow, It Is Well? Love love love them. And the video to this song? Stunning. What an Artist is He. Blessings, Whitney

j said...

We went to church today and it was one of those BIG churches. The song that they dismissed church with was an old hymn. It makes me think of this post.

It was an altogether lovely service and the music plays such a big part of that, you know?

The preacher pointed out that we needed to radically trust God. Wow. It made a lot of sense!

Have a great week JC!