Thursday, September 4, 2008

~ Thankful Thursdays with JC ~

Tuesday, September 2nd, I celebrated another birthday. One of my gifts is pictured below. It is beautiful but it is the message on it that blessed my heart. It says, “Live everyday as if it’s your Birthday”. I placed this gift next to my garage so I can see it when I leave in the morning and when I come home in the afternoon.




I love my birthdays, I love my life all because of who I am as a child of God. This statement hasn’t always been true. There were many, many years when who I reflected to others was not who I was on the inside. On the inside I was full of self loathing, self doubt, depression, etc (you can fill in your own blank). But several years ago I surrendered all, I couldn’t go on wearing a mask and pretending to be someone I wasn’t.

Being raised in a Christian environment, I knew the part. The right things to say, the right clothes, all those surface things but inside I was hollow, empty, void, missing something. I had accepted Jesus as the Christ as a teenager but didn’t really know him. I thought I did. I was a pastor’s wife. I tried as hard as I knew how. You see I had Him but He didn’t have me, not completely. I knew nothing about His POWER. Now, every day is a new adventure to be enjoyed to the fullest. Every day is a party and every meal a feast. I am truly blessed.

Father, how Holy, how awesome, how wonderful, how patience you are toward me. You call me your very own. You have a place reserved for me just because You love me. Thank You for Your Holy Spirit that moves right in and comes to life to live out Jesus’ life in each person at the moment of true and complete surrender. I will praise You and serve You all of my days. I love You for caring enough to send Your Son for it is through Him I live. It is in Jesus’ precious, holy and powerful name I pray. Amen.

2 comments:

Tiz said...

JC, what a beautiful post!!!! I really like the statement "Every day is a party and every meal a feast" GLORY!!!

Be blessed today, Bethy

JC said...

This is a day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it so in JC terms every day is a party and every meal a feast.