Tuesday, September 9, 2008

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ

"The Lord is my"


In Psalms 18, 23 and 27 we read where "the Lord is my strength, my shield, my shepherd, my rock, my deliverer, my high tower, my light and my salvation."

Let's turn our attention to the little word "is" for a moment. He IS, not, He was. He IS, not, He will be. He IS, right now in this present moment. He IS ,now, not when I have prayed enough, fasted, read enough scripture or conformed to certain behaviors. He IS my strength, shield and shepherd right now!!! I am not focusing on Him being my strength, shield and shepherd in the future, be it five minutes or five years from now. He IS my Life today!!!!! PRAISE HIM!!!

Now, let's focus on the word "MY". The psalmist did not say, "The Lord is the strength, shield, shepherd to His people". The psalmist said, "He is MY strength, shield and shepherd." If I described the wonderful man I live with as a husband it would not have the same meaning as when I describe him as MY husband.

"Father, I pray that each person reading this blog will experience you as their strength, their shield, and their shepherd. this very moment. I thank you for the rest and peace I find in this truth. I thank you for revealing Yourself to me as my Life this very minute. In Jesus precious and powerful name, I pray". Amen

4 comments:

Twice Blessed said...

Jennifer, Thanks for praying for Tate. I just did a post with an update on his surgery so please check it out. I wasn't sure which blog I should leave a message for you but this one looks amazing!

JC said...

Beautiful post Tiz, He is our all in all. Love ya, JC

j said...

It has nothing to do with what I do, it is all about Him. He IS. Thank you. A reminder that I desperately needed. I put limitations on God that He does not recognize because He IS.

Love this Tiz.

Jen

4funboys said...

you can pray for me ANYTIME...

blessings 2 u 2!