Tuesday, September 23, 2008

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ



Living By Faith Until The Very End...

"Then Abraham died in a good old age, an old man, and full of years and was gathered to his people" Gen. 25:7

Abraham had lived a life of faith and now he has died in faith. He was flourishing and fruitful to the very end. Oh, how I want to be like that, don't you?

This statement was in our Sunday School study book and it is so true, even if it is one of the saddest statements I have ever read. "How few people really experience joy and satisfaction when they reach old age. When they look back, it is with regret; when they look ahead, it is with fear; and when they look around, it is with complaint". I wrote in the margin of my book - HORRORS!!!!

Friends, no matter what our age, we do not have to look back with regret. I heard JC's pastor say "I may have made my bed but I do not have to sleep in it, God has given me a new COMFORTER". Glory!!! I choose not to dwell or focus on the "what if's" and "if only's" of the past. I do not want those negative thoughts hindering my Victory Walk.

And friends, we do not have to look ahead with fear. God will be with me every step of the way and as challenges arise He will show Himself strong in my life. You see, I am as special to Him as Abraham and Sarah were. My best years are ahead of me!!!

And friends, we certainly do not have to look around with complaints. Do you know of anyone who wants to listen to griping, grumbling and complaining? As JC wrote in "Thankful Thursdays with JC" on Sept 11th - "Everyday you choose the clothes you wear, the food you eat, and the attitude you adopt." I would add, "and the words you speak". Complaining is a choice. We can be fruitful and victorious until the very end.

Father, I thank you for the cleansing power of the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank you that I can rest in You as my Victory over past regrets, my Hope for the future, and my total Joy and Peace for today. In Jesus powerful name, I pray.

Amen

2 comments:

JC said...

GLORY!!!!!!!!HALLELJAH!!!!!SISTER!!! Preach on. What a wonderful and profound message in this post. Yes indeed I want my last days to be fruitful and productive in His service however that may manifest itself. Love ya, JC

j said...

There are women like you who show women like me, who are just slightly younger, how to live gracefully at every age. I am thankful for you and I can honestly say that you lead by example. Your words ring with the truth of your life!! Praise God!!

Be blessed.

Jen