Thursday, October 23, 2008

THANKFUL THURSDAY WITH JC

Today I want to share a devotion I read from "The Word for You Today" dated October 22nd.

Isaiah 65:16 AMP, "HE WHO INVOKES A BLESSING ON HIMSELF...SHALL DO SO BY SAYING, MAY THE GOD OF TRUTH...BLESS ME."

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Did you know you can bless yourself by what you say? The Bible says: "He who invokes a blessing on himself...shall do so by saying. May the God of truth...bless me...because the former troubles are forgotten." Two important truths are taught in the scripture: (1) Your own words have more power to affect you than anybody else's. Ultimately it's not what others say that counts; it's what you say to yourself after they get through talking! You always have the last word. (2) You'll never enjoy what God has for you in the future while you're still living in the past. To enter the Promised Land, you must first leave the wilderness. So come into agreement with God; begin to say what He says about you. This is no small matter. What you say from the time you get up in the morning until you go to bed at night not only influences your day; it influences the entire outlook and direction of your life. If you've been praying and asking God for specific answers, you can affect the outcome by making sure what you say lines up with what He says. In other words - get in harmony with God.

Your body is God's temple, so be careful what you allow to come out of your mouth (See 1 Co 3:16) Faultfinding and negativity destroy and tear down, but scripturally-based, faith-filled words open the door to God's blessings. That's why Paul writes: "Let no...worthless talk [ever] come out of your mouth, but only such...as is...beneficial" (Eph 4:20 AMP). So before you sound off, ask yourself - is this beneficial?

Father Holy, Holy, Holy is he Lord God Almighty. You and You alone are worthy of my praise and adoration. Thank You for using this devotion to remind me to guard my words. I'm reminded that the power of life and death is in the tongue, my words. Lord help me to speak only words that build up, even in situations where reproof and correction are necessary. You know what I need before I know. How wonderful you are toward me. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! Lead me, guide me in the ways You want me to go. In Jesus' precious, holy and powerful name I pray. Amen

4 comments:

concerned parent said...

Much needed words for me today I did need a reminder of how my words affect me not what others are saying.
Great start for a new day!

Tiz said...

JC, this a a beautiful post. I, like Alisum, needed the reminder to watch my words.
Thanks, Bethy

Betty said...

What a great thought provoking post! Thank you for this.

Thank you also for you kind comment and your visit to my blog yesterday!

j said...

JC that was.... Wow! I have a tendancy to be negative about myself. I need to take that scripture to heart and invoke blessings.

Really, wow!

Love you and I thank you for this!

Jen