Saturday, October 25, 2008

Blessings...

Have you ever heard the phrase "more than I can shake a stick at?" I would love to know the origin of that phrase. Could it come from as far back as Moses and his 'stick' that he shook at things with miraculous results?

I have more blessings right now than I can shake a stick at. My baby brother, his wife, and his four month old son are staying in our home this weekend. They made the trip down safely with only an hour of crying time from my nephew (it could have been the full four hours). I am so thankful that they are here and made it fine.

I have spent time just sitting and holding my nephew. At four months, he is smiling and communicating with his eyes and his sweet squeals. He seems to love me even though I am constantly snapping pictures of him and making the flash put a startled look on his face. It takes me back to the time when my own babies were that size. I feel blessed to be reminded of that time.

My brother chose a precious girl to be his wife. My children love her, as do I. She has a quiet nature and is very calming to be around. Her son lights up when he spots his mother. It fills my heart with joy.

When they had vacation time from work, they chose to spend that time with us. I am thankful that they knew they were welcome. I am so glad that they wanted to be with us too.

Again, I have more blessings than I can shake a stick at!

Father God,

Thank you for the safe arrival of family into my home. Bless our time together and let it glorify you. Help them to feel rested on this vacation from work. Give them traveling grace when they return home Sunday afternoon. Thank you Father God for the blessing of family.

In Jesus name.

Amen

2 comments:

Tiz said...

Jen, I know your little nephew has put a smile on your face and joy in your soul. Give him a hug for me. Love you, Tiz

JC said...

Family is surely one of our greatest blessings. I can remember when your DH was born and I baby sat him. Yep I surely do. What blessings indeed. Love ya, JC