Tuesday, November 25, 2008

TUESDAY WITH TIZ

Happy Thanksgiving



What and who will we be celebrating this coming Thursday, Thanksgiving, 2008. How different will it be from the first Thanksgiving Proclamation: "Inasmuch as the great Father has given....all ye Pilgrims, with your wives and ye little ones, do gather at ye meeting house,...there to listen to ye Pastor and render Thanksgiving to ye Almighty God for all his blessings." (1623)

Thanksgiving became an official holiday in this country in 1863, when President Abraham Lincoln spoke of the "gracious gifts of the Most High God".
How awesome!!! We will be celebrating the "gracious gifts of the Most High God". These gifts include freedom, family, friends and our Spiritual walk with the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. PRAISE!!! I like the TV ad which has aired the past couple of years around this time of year where families are seated around the table and first one and then the other stands up and says "I just want to thank you for...." or "I just want to express my thanks for.....". James 1:17 says "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights.." - Yes, we will celebrate His gracious gifts - we will celebrate Him!!!! WE WILL EAT OUR TURKEY BUT WE WILL CELEBRATE HIM!!!!!

"Father, I thank you for the privilege to gather with family and friends to celebrate you. We enjoy your gifts and give thanks for them. Father, I would not fail to pray for our troops serving on foreign and local soil. Keep them safe and warm and calm any fear they may be experiencing. Bring them home safely and quickly. Father, bless all my blogging friends with an assurance of your love this Thanksgiving holiday. In Jesus powerful name I pray. Amen"

3 comments:

j said...

Amen. I love the inclusion of our troops on foreign soil in your prayer and I pray for them as well.

As always, a wonderful post. I apologize for the lateness and praise God for his gentle nudge to my memory. His timing is perfect even though His servant is not.

Love you very much and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

JC said...

Great reminder of what Thanksgiving is truly about. See you Thursday. Love, JC

Debra said...

In Jesus powerful name...I so love that. Yes...there is great power in that name! And for that alone, I am thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Blessings of peace & all that is good.