Sunday, November 23, 2008

STANDING IN THE GAP

There are times that we experience things that are so personal that we are unable to share them with others. I know in my own life that there is a fine line between asking for prayer and griping about someone, or gossiping. Prayer requests can become an opportunity to 'vent'. Other times, if I were to ask for prayer it would cast a disparaging light on another person. So I carry my own burdens and pray for myself in silence.

As I talked to a friend this week, she told me that she had a problem that she did not ask others to pray about. It was just too personal and there was not a right time or way to bring up her need.

As Christians, we need to stand in the gap. No, not the store, but the space that requires an intercessor to carry the burden to the Lord. The place when we say "Lord, I am praying this prayer for someone else, carrying their burden for them, asking you to lighten their load."

I am asking you, the reader of this post, to intercede on behalf of someone that you don't know. I'm asking you to stand in the gap for a person unknown to you with a need that is unknown to you as well. Because GOD does know. Why am I asking you to pray for needs that the Lord is already aware of?

Because it is an opportunity to fellowship with Him. It is an act of Faith for you to say "I don't know Lord, but you do. I am interceding for my Sister in Christ and asking you to meet her need, believing that you will, Lord."

Because you are carrying her burden through your prayer.

Father God,

I stand in the gap. I plead her case. I carry her burden and bring it to you. I trust that you meant it when you said that ALL things work TOGETHER for the good of those who love you and are called by you. I believe that your will is perfect. I believe that your grace is sufficient.

Touch her Lord and meet her every need.

In Jesus name, Amen.

4 comments:

JC said...

Jen, I stand in the gap with you on behalf of this sister in Christ, in Jesus' name. Love, JC

j said...

Amen JC. We stand in agreement that the Lord CAN meet her needs and His will is perfect.

concerned parent said...

Standing with you also as one who has been on each side Lord lighten and lift her need today in your son's precious name Amen.

Tiz said...

Jen, I join you in standing in the gap for this sister in Christ. I am believing that her greatest need will be meet quickly. I bless her spirit to receive the answer our King has for her, His Princess.

My love to you and her, Tiz