Saturday, November 1, 2008

A SOUNDING BOARD TO TRULY HEAR MYSELF...provided by the Lord.

I was blessed to have a phone conversation with a Blog Bud the other day. We were chatting merrily along and suddenly I was sharing something with her that I did not intend to talk about. As I told her about my attitude toward a relationship with a family member, I heard myself.

There was an apologetic tone to my words... I was ashamed of my feelings. But why shame? Doesn't shame denote sin? That I was doing something wrong? I think I was ashamed because I don't WANT to feel this way and because I didn't want to burden her with my negative emotions. I also don't want to give in to the fleshly resentment that I was feeling.

Having a conversation and speaking so candidly with her without realizing that those words were going to come out of my mouth revealed an area of my life that needed work. And though I may not have realized what I was going to say, God did. He gave me a Christian friend with whom to speak my mind and thus, reveal my heart. I feel quite sure that she will not judge me harshly for the words that I spoke, because God provided a safe person to reveal truth through. Just by listening, she was used by God in my life.

Father God,

Thank you for working sin out of my life. Thank you for being faithful and just to forgive me of my sin. Thank you for providing a friend, a caring and compassionate person, to listen and love me in spite of myself. And Father, allow me to return the favor to another Brother or Sister in Christ.

Your ways are so wonderful Lord. I stand amazed at what you accomplish and how you accomplish it. Thank you for the seen and unseen blessings in my life.

In Jesus name.

Amen

4 comments:

JC said...

Beautifully written. Love you, JC

Dawn said...

Iron sharpens iron. Glad you have people that "sharpen" you!!!

Be blessed! Dawn

Tiz said...

Jen, I know the feeling about hearing something negative come out of my mouth!!!! This is a very good post straight from your heart.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning.
Came over from Jen @ Dust Bunny Hostage.
Thanks for that post today. It is exactly what I needed to hear.

God is good....and no matter what circumstances His people face, He is in control...and He always will be.