Thursday, November 6, 2008

THANKFUL THURSDAY WITH JC

Isn't it wonderful the way God sends us reminders. He sends them to me a lot. He knows it helps to keep me from straying too far. Some would call it reproof or being disciplined or correction but I prefer reminders. My most recent reminder comes from "The Word for You Today" devotion book, dated November 5 & 6. It reads, "The word "engrafted" means "to attach to, and become part of." Picture a gardener grafting a branch into a tree and that branch coming to life and bearing fruit. Now picture yourself reading God's Word and a Scripture attaching itself to you, growing in you and producing change in your life. That's how God's Word works. And that's why you need to read it daily! The "engrafted Word" is self-sustaining. It doesn't require the accolades of men or the support of others to validate it. When God gives you a Word and you step out on it, don't expect everybody to validate it. It's normal for you to want certain people to see what you see and believe what you believe. But God prepares you for disagreements between you, and those who don't understand what God has told you. If you're not careful, people's opinions will short-circuit your faith and make you doubt what God has said. God says: "I'm not going to confirm what I've told you through them. In fact, I don't even need them to agree with what I've spoken concerning you." Relax. Be confident in God. You may want all these external support systems, but the truth is, you don't need them!"

Father God thank You for the reminder that You are all I need. You speak through Your Word but I must spend time in Your Word to hear the message within. Thank You for being kind and gentle when correcting me. Father forgive me for seeking the advice and opinions of others after you have spoken so clearly. Thank you for being my security, my shield, my protector, my provider. Father bless Barack Obama, the President-Elect of the United States of America. Put a hedge of protection around him, his wife and his children. Father I ask you to give him the wisdom and clarity he will need to lead this nation. Father I pray that he will seek You with all his heart and all his spirit. Father Your word says You put leaders in their place so even though I don't understand the way You work, I know You are working in this nation for the good of Your children and for Your Glory. Thank You for your Holy Spirit dwelling within Your children and thank You for Your Son that lives to intercede with You on my behalf for it is in His precious, holy and powerful name I pray. Amen.

3 comments:

Tiz said...

JC, thanks for this powerful post. I am so thankful for the few (very few) people with whom I can share Jesus with and them be supportive!! You are one of those people and I thank God for you.

And thanks for the prayer for President elect Barack Obama. He is going to be our President and prayer is what we can do for him.

Love you, Bethy

Julie said...

Wow! This is the word that I needed to pass on to a friend! THanks!

Thank the Lord your word verification was easy!

j said...

"Relax! Be confident in God."

That hit me between the eyes. I struggle with 'relaxing'.... this post was SO good JC. And the prayer.... precious.