Tuesday, December 9, 2008

TUESDAY WITH TIZ

Black Friday

In preparing to write this blog I really tried to figure out a way I could spiritualize Black Friday but I just could not come up with a way. It is like when I tried to spiritualize bunny rabbits at Easter time a couple of years ago. It just cannot be done, so I will just share my Black Friday joy with you anyway. You see, I am very big on family, especially where my grandsons are concerned. I was thrilled when I realized that God established the family before He established the church, so I figure God is big on family also.

Back to Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving. Grandson #1 and I have managed to go shopping on Black Friday for the past ten years or so. We just must have the little dated Disney snow globe given away each year at Penny's to the first so many customers who arrive. These stores just open earlier and earlier each year but that is OK if you are enjoying family and you have a mission!!!! We did not encounter all the bad things you hear about Black Friday. We were just among hundreds of other people who were enjoying themselves. Most of our family and friends think we have lost our minds. I don't think anyone actually spoke a curse on us but I don't recall anyone speaking a blessing on us either!!! My wonderful husband, with whom I share Grandparenthood, has no desire to join us and neither does Grandson #2.

I just encourage you to have fun with someone this holiday season. If you don't have a grandson, borrow one for a day. I do not have a granddaughter but I feel sure I could adopt or borrow one for a day if I get the urge. A lot of people are out there needing love, encouragement, and attention - do yourself a favor and make someone's day!!!!

"Father, I thank you for the fun times in my life. I thank you for shopping malls and restaurants and someone to share them with. And, yes, I thank you for a couch to rest on when I get home. Father, bless each one reading this blog with someone to share the holidays with. In Jesus Precious name, I pray. Amen"

4 comments:

j said...

I remember what you said about your rabbits, vaguely! You said that God made the rabbits and he made them for you to enjoy. You were just loving what he provided for you!!!

Your spirit and your heart shine.

AND, if we have a Christian car tag and we give up that front parking spot to someone and then hike a mile to the mall, aren't we showing Christian charity? And if there were no Christians out on black Friday, can you imagine just how ugly it could get?

:)

I am glad that you had such a good time with M.

Jen

JC said...

Great post Tiz. If anyone can find somethin spiritual in Black Friday, it would be you. Love ya, JC

j said...

Or was it that rabbits were joyful and you were supposed to act joyful like they did?

I am obviously thinking about you and your bunnies today! :)

Tiz said...

Jennifer, I think the way I tried to spiritualize the bunny rabbits was the fact that they always seemed to be enjoying life just jumping around here and there and they never appeared to be complaining and griping about something. You see, I think God likes for His children to be joyful. I know I sure like for Christians to be joyful rather than complaining!!!!

JC, I will let you know if I figure out a way to spiritualize Black Friday!! Don't hold your breath. LOL

Love you, Tiz