Tuesday, December 2, 2008

TUESDAY WITH TIZ

Be a Blessing

A week or so ago my pastor challenged his people to be a blessing to someone during the holidays. We had just watched a film clip from the movie "Fly Wheel" where a dad came into town, visited his son at his business and with the son's permission, he prayed for his son. He spoke a Blessing on his son's life, his marriage, his business and his new found Christian walk.

As I thought about what I could do to be a blessing in someone's life, I ask myself the question ,"In what ways have others been a blessing to you? When have you been encouraged? When have you recognized God blessing you through one of His servants?" That very day I received an email from a friend thanking me for being a blessing in her life. She had just read "Tuesdays with Tiz". Can you believe that!!!!! And later that day my boss thanked me for the work I had done that day - work he was paying me to do!!!! It used to be hard for me to receive thanks from someone but not anymore. I now see it as God's Favor to me.

So, how can I be a blessing? I can allow Jesus to love through me to lift someone's burden, to encourage someone, and to comfort the hurting. It may and it may not cost me a dime. I just step off the treadmill of life, put my troubles to one side and make a small deposit of unselfish love in another's life - expecting nothing in return. Glory!!!!

Friends, we are "Blessed to be a Blessing" Genesis 12:2 . So, take the challenge and BE A BLESSING!!!!

"Father, I speak your Blessing on each person reading this blog. I bless their spirits to receive your love and peace today. I bless them to receive your encouragement for whatever circumstance they are in and I bless them to be your channel of blessing to someone today. In Jesus Precious name, I pray. Amen"

5 comments:

Smooth Sailing said...

OK..this has got to stop! Just was checking out your other blog and happened to click on your "come on over" picture. GO to bed! OK, meee toooo!

Wonderful message. You are a "doer" of God's Word. God's light shines through in your messages.

Now, what town do you live in? Daphne?? ... Spanish Fort? I heard you mention you went down to Foley... We will most likely be over in that area before too long. Would love to meet you.

Debra said...

I have spent my career providing comfort for the hurting and loving the unlovable. Lately, it's been difficult, I feel as if I am failing. I cherish and covet your prayers.

Tiz said...

Smooth Sailing,
Thanks for your encouragement - you have blessed me today.

Me Maw,
The enemy has got to be upset with you if you love the unlovable. Don't fall for his lie - you are NOT failing. You are a blessing!!!

Thanks to both of you, Tiz

JC said...

Great post. You are one of my favorite blessings.

j said...

As I am looking through the blog, I missed commenting on yours and on JC's!!! I did not get around much last week until Sunday night when I went to almost every site on my blogroll. I think I should put you on my blogroll.

OH! ding ding ding! I need to add you to my blogroll! God is good with the gentle nudges He gives me so often.

You bless me. I am sorry I didn't comment and tell you so. I guess since I put it into blogger and read it then, I forget to let you know how much I appreciate your words.

Love you Tiz!