Saturday, January 10, 2009

Child of God?

It is shocking at times to look at your children and see their faults. We all want to say "Not my child". So when we see that they are actually capable causing hurt or very purposefully doing the wrong thing, it does not sit well with the parent.

The infractions that I have seen my children quite willfully commit are, in the scope of things, quite small. Annoying a sister, breaking a sibling's toy, a well aimed elbow jab... routine kid behavior. But still, KNOWING that they know what is right, and yet choose to continue to do wrong... it is quite frustrating.

And yet, the little day to day things that I do, knowing that it is wrong but proceeding to do them anyway.... doesn't this disappoint my Heavenly Father so much more? After the sacrifice that He made for me, isn't the least that I could do is just behave?

I am so thankful that he is long suffering and full of grace.

Father God,

I am sorry that I have feet that run toward sin at times. Please forgive me. Help me to be pleasing to you Oh Lord. And thank you for your love and patience.

In Jesus name... Amen.

3 comments:

JC said...

Awesome post. Love this message.

Tiz said...

Jen, just remember "nothing you do will cause Him to love you more and nothing you do will cause Him to love you less" - but our behavior does affect how we feel about ourselves - and we really do like to be happy with ourselves!!
I admit, I make myself down right mad sometimes - but I don't stay mad at myself very long - just ain't worth it!!!

Great post, love you, Tiz

Cool Breeze said...

I, too, feel that guilt when I know I have done wrong. As you, I try to pray for foregiveness. God knows we are not perfect and his grace lets us be close to him regardless.