Tuesday, January 13, 2009

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ

I can, yes, I can

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

This scripture has come to my attention more than one time in the last few days. In one article a mother wrote about how she used this verse in helping her young son overcome the habit of saying, "I can't".

I ask myself two questions:

1. Can I really do "all things" through Christ who strengthens me?
2. What are the "all things" my King is telling this Princess she can do through Christ who strengthens her?

I suggest that the "all things" I can do is the things God has instructed me in His Word to do.

Like...
~ forgiveness
~ love one another
~ fear not
~ and rejoice in the Lord always.

If God instructs me to forgive, then I can forgive. If he instructs me to love you, then I can love you. If he instructs me to fear not, then I do not have to be afraid. If He instructs me to rejoice in the Lord always, then I can rejoice in Him no matter what my circumstances are or what negative things I hear spoken by well meaning people.
I cannot do these things on my own but "through Christ" who strengths me. "Through Him", if he instructs me to do it, then I can do it. I can, yes, I can!!!!

"Father, I thank you for being the source of my strength. I pray that each person reading this blog today will join me in making it a practice, a habit ,to affirm daily that, through you, we can do all things. We can, yes, we can!!! In Jesus powerful name, I pray. Amen"

4 comments:

Debra said...

It never ceases to amaze me how God speaks directly to me through this little blog.

This one gets copied and hung up by my computer...hope that is ok.

Blessings

j said...

GOLD! Blog gold! This was a wonderful post. Praise God!!!

I remember teaching the girls this scripture. We would flex our muscles on the 'strengthens me' part. I can still remember them doing that :)

Thank you Tiz. Your words are a blessing.

JC said...

Wow Tiz!! I was reading a post on another weight loss blog of a woman who has lost well over 100 pounds thru WW and the Firm (exercise video). She said that she clung to that verse when things were going rough. I can take care of the temple because I can do all things he would have me do. AWESOME reminder. Love ya, JC

Tiz said...

Me Maw, you have my permission to copy this post and do whatever you wish with it. I am honored!! I am blessed to have you for a reader.

Jen, your girls will never forget this verse and it will help pull them thru a lot of stuff in the years to come.

JC, thanks for reminding me that this verse will help when the going gets tough were His temple is concerned. We truly can do all things through Christ if the "all things" are His idea and caring for His temple certainly is His idea.