Thursday, January 22, 2009

Jen here....

This mood. A computer. And a quiet house.

This might not be good.

I have the sighs. I can't seem to shake this melancholy mood and the homemade marshmallow sundae (with sprinkles) didn't touch it. Again, this might not be good.

There are umpteen fifty things that I should be doing right now, things that will be waiting for me tomorrow. And still it is this mood, a computer, and a quiet house. Accomplishing nothing, not even helping to chase the sighs away, not forming a thought worth thinking or good enough to make you think on it either.

I can't eat this mood away. I don't drink, but I don't think that booze would touch it either. I don't feel like pulling out photos, the paper slicer and double stick tape. I don't feel like reading. I don't feel like watching a movie. I don't feel like anything but sitting here at this computer and sighing.

And darned if I have the first thing to say.

I know that every letter, every character that appears on my computer screen is not filling the pit that the sighs are coming from. I need to make a list of things that I am thankful for... divert my attention from self and put it on God and the blessings that He has given me. Time to put hinds feet on high places...

~ Jesus

~ Jesus

(I am doubly blessed by Him, so I listed Him twice).

~ Jesus

(I find that the more I think on Him, the less empty I feel)

OK, so listing my blessings was a good thing. Somehow, I feel like if I list the usual "Husband, Kids, Home, Food, Clothing" thankfulness items, right now I will be listing them in spite of my mood. But Jesus? He just is. He is the blessing in my life that I cannot feel like "Well He is there, I shouldn't be sighing."

He IS. If I think on Him then... there is a fullness there.

Bah! I am an idiot. I came to my computer looking to be filled. And I talked it out... what you are reading is what went through my mind and out of my finger tips.... and wound up finding my answer the hard way.

I came to this ridiculous piece of machinery and Jesus met me here and eased my spirit. When am I going to learn to take my sighs, and my burdens, and my pathetic moods to Him first? But praise God that He will find me right where I am and minister to each of my needs.

Thank you Jesus.

6 comments:

Tiz said...

Jen, this is a very precious post. Yes, He IS and He always will be. Just the sound of His Name calms my spirit (and chases away the sighs).

Love you, Tiz

Lorie said...

Jen,
I loved this and I know the feeling well-
You are awesome and you shared so well....
Love ya, Lorie

JC said...

Beautiful post. Thanks so much for expressing what we all think and feel in such a wonderful way.

Debra said...

"There is no pit so deep, that God's love is not greater still". Words of encouragement spoken by Betsy Ten Boom to her sister Corrie while at Ravensbruck Concentration (death) Camp, Germany.

It's been some 28 years since I've seen the movie "The Hiding Place" and yet, when I am discouraged, down, or just have the "sighs" I can call back this line as if I had seen it yesterday.

It's amazing isn't it...the power of words.

Blessings, peace and all that is good

Rachel said...

Isn't it amazing how he calms the spirit in the most interesting ways. And with technology ... there is so many new ways to pray and express your love for him!

Thanks for the comment! :) It was nice!

Justabeachkat said...

Jennifer

I've been there and done that too!

Thanks so much for visiting me tonight. I hope you'll come again...you're always welcome. I enjoy getting to know other bloggers.

I've enjoyed my visit here.

Hugs!
Kat