Tuesday, January 20, 2009

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ


Inauguration Day - January 20, 2009

Today is the day Barack Obama will be sworn in as the President of the United States of America.

We have heard about it, read about, talked about it and now it is reality. Yes, we have also prayed about it. I am asking everyone reading this blog today to join me in praying this prayer for our new President and his family on this historic day.

"Father, we bow before you acknowledging you as Almighty God. As your children, we come to you asking that you guide Barack Obama as he takes over the awesome responsibility as President of the United States of America. I ask for divine protection for him, his wife, and their two daughters. I ask you to give him your wisdom as he makes decisions which will effect each and every person in our great country. I pray especially that he will make the right decision concerning our military troops serving their country on foreign soil. I pray for his marriage. I pray that he will be a Godly husband and a Godly Dad. I pray that Michele will in turn be a Godly wife and a Godly Mom. I pray that your Glory will fill their home and their daughters will be raised in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Father, with you guiding and directing our President, we can and will be a nation that will bring Glory to your name. I thank you for the privilege of living in the USA. In Jesus Powerful Name I pray, Amen".

3 comments:

j said...

Amen Tiz. A beautiful prayer and I agree with you whole heartedly. We are called to pray for our leaders and today will be the day that we pray for Barack Obama as our president. God's blessings and protection and provision over him and his family.

And God bless America.

JC said...

WOW what a beautiful and sincere prayer. God can and will bless America when we as a people humble ourselves to lift up our leaders in prayer to Him.

MaryFran said...

AMEN! What a wonderful prayer!