Tuesday, January 27, 2009

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ

"Let Your Light Shine in 2009"

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father, who is in Heaven." Matthew 5:16

We do not have to wonder what our purpose is. We are to be light, penetrating the darkness, by reflecting Jesus. The wonder of it all is that we do not have to struggle to let this light shine. This "little light of mine" is Jesus Christ Himself. Jesus said in John 8:12 "I am the light of the world". I have the Light of Life residing in me. He is my Light that will shine in 2009!!!

I have a choice to let His Light shine or hide it under a bushel. I can hide His Light with self centeredness, selfishness, whining, grumbling and complaining, to name a few. That is not a happy thought!!! That is not the life of a Princess!!!

"Father, thank you for being Light in my life. Thank you for putting this message on my Pastor's heart so he could share it with his congregation. You have shown Your Light in the lives of so many I am in contact with and I am truly thankful. Bless each person reading this blog today with at least one person who is reflecting Your Light. In Jesus wonderful name, I pray. Amen"

3 comments:

j said...

Amen! I had a commentor yesterday remind me of "this little light of mine". And your post is about letting our light shine. I think this is something that I am supposed to HEAR.

Always so well written!

Jen

JC said...

I'll have the song and message in my head now all day. I may even hum it a little in the office today. This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine, this little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine, this little light of mine I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine. Hide it under a bushel. NO! I'm going let it shine. ... Well you get the idea.

Dawn said...

Yep... humming has already started. May try singing it louder than JC here in a minute! Ha!

Amen and amen!

Love the new look over here, too.