Thursday, February 5, 2009

THANKFUL THURSDAY WITH JC

I posted this writing by Marianne Williamson on my blog a week or so back and decided to share it here. A friend brought it to my women's study group a couple of years ago and several ladies present really experienced a light bulb moment, myself included. As I was looking for tax stuff, I found it again. It was my second or third or forth reminder about letting my light shine.

Our Deepest Fear

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.
We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,
We unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
Our presence automatically liberated others.

Romans 8:31 "...If God is for us, who can be against us?"
This passage of scripture goes on to say who shall separate us from the love of God (vs 35) suffering, affliction, tribulation, calamity, distress, persecution, hunger, destitution, peril, sword. Then in verse 37 it says, "Yet amid all these things WE ARE MORE THE CONQUERORS and gain a surpassing victory through Him Who loved us.

Just a Tiz has written about letting our light shine let us not be fearful of letting our light shine brightly. Let us light the way to the Son for others. Because as Paul says, if God is for us no one is against us because we are more the conquerors through Jesus Christ (paraphrased just a tad).

Father God, holy is Your name, You and You alone are worthy of my praise, worship and adoration. If I don't get the message the first time I hear it, You are so gracious to send me a few more reminders. How awesome You are that You don't lose patience with me. Father forgive me for shrinking back and hiding my light. Forgive me of letting fear of man keep me from being the witness for You that You want me to be. Father thank You for Your forgiveness. Father be so gracious as to grant me wisdom to know when to speak and when to remain silent. Thank You for granting my request. Father bless each reader of this post. In Jesus' precious, holy and powerful name I pray. Amen.

2 comments:

Tiz said...

JC, your light will shine so bright today that those around you just might need sunglasses!!! Just another day in the life of His Princess!!!

Great,encouraging,post.

Love you, Bethy

j said...

Oh JC. A WONDERFUL uplifting post. I love "more than conquerors" and needed to read this message TODAY! God is so good in His perfect timing.

Love you SO MUCH!