Tuesday, February 10, 2009

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ

Just speak His Name

In the absence of our pastor a couple of weeks ago, my son preached the morning message (the joy of a mother's heart but we will not go there today). He spoke on the "Names of God" in the Old Testament. He further stated that all these Old Testament Names of God are fulfilled in Jesus Christ!!!! Let's look at a few of them.

Jehovah-Jireh - Our Provider
Jehovah-Rapha - Our Healer
Jehovah-Nissi - Our Banner
Jehovah-Shalom - Our Peace
El-Shaddai - God Almighty
Jehovah-Ra-ah - Our Shepherd

Friends, when I speak the Name of Jesus, I speak all that God is into my life. Glory!!!
When the economy is sour, when I need healing, when I need Peace, when I need a Shepherd, I just speak the Name of Jesus. When I wake up in the middle of the night and anxiety tries to attach itself to me, I just speak the Name of Jesus and Peace arrives. You see, there are times when we just do not know what we need but we know we are hurting and have lost our sense of peace and joy. We may not know how to pray but we can speak His Name.

All the Names of God are wrapped up in the person of Jesus Christ. Thanks, Roger, for the reminder.

"Father, I praise your Holy name today. Thanks for revealing yourself to me and for being real to me. I pray that everyone reading this blog today will experience you in all your fullness. I pray that each of us will experience the joy, peace, and comfort of speaking Your Name. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen"

3 comments:

JC said...

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus sweetest name I know. Fills my every longing. Keeps me singing as I go. Great post.

Sharon said...

Sometimes the most amazing experience is just turning to an article and its exactly what you need to hear or be reminded of. This post did that to me today. Just to be reminded that I can call His sweet name at any time and He is there for me. Thank you for this great post.

j said...

"Friends, when I speak the Name of Jesus, I speak all that God is into my life. Glory!!!"

That was my favorite sentence from this post. I will carry that with me everywhere that I go!!

This was an excellent post!!

Love you Tiz!

Jen